Are you against piracy?

• Yes

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • No

Votes: 63 79.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do watch movies and have 100's of mp3s on my phone (and enjoy!). I like free stuff although flattr concept is awesome for small businesses and I think every small site should have it. :))

Last edited:
This post is not to be taken personally. No disrespect is intended either.
It is theft. People that promote the absurd "it's sharing" and the "try before you buy" arguments really need to get a grip. The concept of "sharing" is different on the internet. Software, Movies, e-Books, etc all take time and effort to produce and it is only fair to pay to consume this content.
I don't see why sharing would be different just because it's more accessible (I'm assuming that's where you went with the "different on the internet" angle).

Going to need you to elaborate on this one...
Morally it is wrong. If you pirate content however you need to stop justifying it with illogical arguments. Just admit that you do it because you can. You are either too lazy to buy it or you unfortunately live in a country where you cannot obtain it legally.
The thing is, the because I can argument is justifiable. Why should I care that you believe piracy is "morally wrong"? I don't mean to twist this into a religious thing but the only judgement I care about is God's. If there's one thing I can't stand in this world it's "tisk tisk" people rubbing their fingers off at others they feel are morally inferior. Dirty hands can't point clean fingers...

If you're going to break the law, don't delude yourself into thinking that you are on the moral high ground. I have respect for a pirate that doesn't hide behind some stupid argument to justify his actions. It's wrong but fuck it, who cares! :P
This paragraph saved this post. My piracy habits have no personal connotations to it. I do it because I want to and have the means to, that's it. Whether I or others approve this is irrelevant. No justification needed & if you think I need one, like the last sentence says: "who cares!" ;)

Hell no if people are making money for pirated material I am totally against that uploaded to file host and getting payed these fools are the chumps that have brought SOPA & PIPA to the table in the first place

Not true,if you want to talk who played the biggest part in bringing this into the public arena & thus most responsible,it would be a little torrent site called The Pirate Bay.
Perhaps you've heard of them.:P( someone needs to create a sarcasm smiley )lol

Personally,I spend the same amount of money on music and movies as I always have.The stuff I download for free is a bonus. It's stuff I wouldn't spend my money on if it weren't free.

Depends what it is but I am definitely not against music download. Recording labels make money on CDs..a lot; artists, not so much. Artists make more money with live shows and merchandise so I would rather pay for a ticket or a t-shirt.

Also, the sharing of their music actually makes them more popular which in turn means more people at their shows...

Problem, recording labels? :)

If you're going to break the law, don't delude yourself into thinking that you are on the moral high ground. I have respect for a pirate that doesn't hide behind some stupid argument to justify his actions. It's wrong but fuck it, who cares! :P

So are you saying every law is a good law, that you should obey it, and if you do not, you're basically a horrible person with no morals?

If SOPA/PIPA/ACTA (at this point there is a fucking list of them) passed, would you agree with all of these laws, obey them, and would be willing to accept that if they shut down a website that you own (because a user uploaded/posted something copyrighted), it would be totally fine & justified?
If you had a 12 year old kid that illegally downloaded a song, got caught, and you got sued, then had to pay tens of thousands in "damages", you would feel its fair because he broke the law?

No cuz Steve says so

RtTfE.jpg

nice 1

I'm not against it.1 download of a movie or a song or tv show,does not equal 1 lost sale.The majority of people that download things for free,do so because they can't afford to pay or just simply won't pay for something.
If they were to magically totally eliminated file sharing tomorrow,the ones expecting to see big profits would be very disappointed.

Then I suppose their next step would be to impose an entertainment tax on people that don't spend X percentage of their income on movies and music. :P:))

most movies or whatever i get i wouldn't have bought them anyway and besides they've gotten enough of my money over the years and their certainly not broke

Yes its theft, and everything you do in your daily.

You stole an item and that's all there is to it. .... It might be easy to convince yourself, ohh! Its the right thing to do instead of buying it.

SO stop giving me morale shit here. Morale doesn't exist in this world anymore.

If there wasn't piracy, the groups who make effort to produce software, movies, why would they lower their prices, if they can get more money, that would be like monopoly, since your can't get them from elsewhere. They won't even think about "Morale" shit at that time. So morally everything is wrong, not just piracy:P.

Of course, i would like to buy it, but i would rather test it before investing my hundreds of dollars on it. Atleast that's how i do it.

I am not delusional. I'm not asking you to justify anything i write here.

You see that way, i see it the other way around. Its all about how u approach to it.

But yeah who cares, fuck it.

It is theft. People that promote the absurd "it's sharing" and the "try before you buy" arguments really need to get a grip. The concept of "sharing" is different on the internet. Software, Movies, e-Books, etc all take time and effort to produce and it is only fair to pay to consume this content.

Morally it is wrong. If you pirate content however you need to stop justifying it with illogical arguments. Just admit that you do it because you can. You are either too lazy to buy it or you unfortunately live in a country where you cannot obtain it legally.

I'm against sharing Books.. i think, it's no something that you have to proof for buy it. The same thing with the movies. Some tv shows and anime is no longer available in my country, so yes, i like when this stuff are sharing, no matter if the uploader get money. Music, need to be sharing... i couldn't buy an album from a unknown artist.

If i watch 3 movies a week i need about 50 euro so its 250-300 e month just for movies...better to buy cloth with that money.

Piracy is keeping the music and movie industry functioning. Without piracy, they would be declining and here is why. In a world without piracy a musical artist makes some music, they get a record deal and their music is released to the public. The excellent piece of music they have created is booming an has bought them a Bentley and a Thai wife of the highest standards. This new wealth has gotten to their mind, their ego starts to grow and the next album they release isn't so good. Despite the lack of quality the album still booms because they earn a good reputation and they publicist is putting allot of $$ into marketing.

However, here on earth we sail the high season of the internet, if an artist releases a good album an we download it. We tell all out neighbourly personnel, friends and colleagues. A small percentage buy the album. The very next year the artist and his giant ego release a piece of poo album. The album fails and the artist is forced to then put more effort into creating a good album.

Piracy keeps a high quality of standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back