• No

Votes: 63 79.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
39 comments
No :)
Why
Because if the music,movies,ebooks etc wouldnt been public then how come people would know about them the writers the actors and musicians and how would people like their music
The end of the story is that just because of pirates these guys are well known all around the world

Yes when it comes to small companies or companies that are extremely useful.

No when it comes to movies and tv shows.

Especially against it if you are earning money and don't want to contribute back.

It depends.

The content that i upload is not provided by producers in market.

So if i am uploading the content which is useless for its makers, then they should not have problem with my uploading.

I agree with Sp32 (y)

n9yGP.png

Only from people who make (notice how I did not use "earn") money off it. Theft is theft. Shouldn't matter if it's off small or large companies though. My view anyway.

Sure if theft is theft, then you all should get sued. Even stealing a pen, money etc. etc.... comes under theft.

Its not piracy, its sharing, just like you all do. You take from someone, u use it, share it. How about that?

+ They don't understand, they'll loose millions even if we stop sharing.

People like to use it, if they like it, they'll buy it. No one is goin to purchase something blindly and loose money. Those are idiots.

Not all can afford, all games, movies. Heck even most of countries don't buy foreign movies, how the heck they suppose to see them. Piracy is the way for them.

Only from people who make (notice how I did not use "earn") money off it. Theft is theft. Shouldn't matter if it's off small or large companies though. My view anyway.

I'm not against it.1 download of a movie or a song or tv show,does not equal 1 lost sale.The majority of people that download things for free,do so because they can't afford to pay or just simply won't pay for something.
If they were to magically totally eliminated file sharing tomorrow,the ones expecting to see big profits would be very disappointed.

Then I suppose their next step would be to impose an entertainment tax on people that don't spend X percentage of their income on movies and music. :P:))

No, because piracy is an excellent distribution system for uncensored information, and media.

Most of you are aware that I live on a island in the Caribbean, and here there are very few, ways to buy legal music/movies etc. For the simple reason that the legal distribution system is very slow, and way too expensive for our people. For people like us, using illegal ways it's much easier, and better to get in contact with the latest releases.
Another example, here we don't have ComedyCentral, and I personally love shows they broadcast. So the only way for me to see their shows is to pirate them over the interwebz.

And I think my story speaks for more people here. The legal distribution system is just way too slow, and expensive, that is, assuming there is one where you live...

It is theft. People that promote the absurd "it's sharing" and the "try before you buy" arguments really need to get a grip. The concept of "sharing" is different on the internet. Software, Movies, e-Books, etc all take time and effort to produce and it is only fair to pay to consume this content.

Morally it is wrong. If you pirate content however you need to stop justifying it with illogical arguments. Just admit that you do it because you can. You are either too lazy to buy it or you unfortunately live in a country where you cannot obtain it legally.

If you're going to break the law, don't delude yourself into thinking that you are on the moral high ground. I have respect for a pirate that doesn't hide behind some stupid argument to justify his actions. It's wrong but fuck it, who cares! :P

It is theft. People that promote the absurd "it's sharing" and the "try before you buy" arguments really need to get a grip. The concept of "sharing" is different on the internet. Software, Movies, e-Books, etc all take time and effort to produce and it is only fair to pay to consume this content.

Morally it is wrong. If you pirate content however you need to stop justifying it with illogical arguments. Just admit that you do it because you can. You are either too lazy to buy it or you unfortunately live in a country where you cannot obtain it legally.

If you're going to break the law, don't delude yourself into thinking that you are on the moral high ground. I have respect for a pirate that doesn't hide behind some stupid argument to justify his actions. It's wrong but fuck it, who cares! :P
I'm too poor to buy 99% of the stuff I pirate lol. If I could pay for games or movies of course I would. It's hard to buy a 60 Euro game in a country where the average wage if 300 euros per month. Other than that, I completely agree.

for me piracy means a different thing

taking credit of others digital media is piracy

not downloading or uploading it <= we are actually promoting it (but the real cash hungry owners dont get anything) :)

Hell no if people are making money for pirated material I am totally against that uploaded to file host and getting payed these fools are the chumps that have brought SOPA & PIPA to the table in the first place

when it comes to sharing music, they can't just forbid that. It's nonsense, how can u go against something that's so easily done? It's like trying to stop the river from flowing.
Mostly, I'm against RIAA and MPAA stupitidy and greed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back