Status
Not open for further replies.
Any hardcore Apple users here? Is this update good enough to keep you happy?

I like how they have a seamless layout structure across the whole OS, but thats all.

What they really need to do is provide an OS more open to customisation. That way, they will reach a wider audience while still locking people into their garden. It's funny how corporations like Apple who spend millions on employees that know the industry inside-out are so stupid to see the obvious things they need to improve on.

Couldn't agree more. Wouldn't call myself a hard core Apple user. Have an iPhone but also a Nexus.

The UI and UX does look great. It was needed but to be honest and give credit where it's due they delivered better than I expected. Sure some of the parts look like Windows Phone, Android, third party apps like Mailbox and Sunrise and even parts like Blackberry messenger hub but who cares? It's not like everything on Android is unique either. Consumers win when companies copy off each other as everything gets better unless someone is sued of course. Nobody like to see that.

The real reason I like your comment is the statement about a more open OS. One thing I was hoping to see was an API for third party keyboards. Swype CEO made a comment a few days ago saying he'd like to develop a keyboard for iOS and even though Apple throw out numbers like 1500 new API's for iOS 7 they didn't include key ones like a keyboard. API's that allow apps to communicate are also missing. For example if I take a photo it's saved to the camera roll and then I go open a third party photo editing app and open the photo from the camera roll. I can't send the photo from the camera direct to the photo editing app. That's bad communication between apps. Widgits are also lacking. I though we'd see more interaction or live tile type icons and the notifications are still just notifications and not that actionable to the degree you get on Android from what I've seen. These are key API's that would make it more open and useful.

Edit... and you still can't change the default apps without a jailbreak. Maps is useless so why force it on users?

Last edited:
Another reason they lock the phone down is because (i hate to say it but) people who buy apple phones prefer things to be simple for them to understand. I asked a couple of people i know why they bought an iphone they all said because everyone else has one and that android is too complicated. I think apple are stuck with that now and they know it so they cant make drastic changes and upset most of their user base (i mean that has not gone down well with windows). Also lets not forget Apple is a control freak they will always have the mentality of locking their users down to what they think is best.

That moment when iOS became Android...

[SLIDE]http://i.imgur.com/tDmpRW1.jpg[/SLIDE]

How the hell is that same?

Font style - different
Method of opening lock - Different
Wallpaper - Clearly different (Apple's is better in fact)

If you actually observe, forgetting that you hate Apple, you can see that they are different.

The haters will gona hate :) I loved the new update no matter to what it looks alike . Android users try to own a Apple , you'll see the difference . And if you already used it , then think again !

Furthermore , i'll be installing BETA today so will update you with some good features of iOS 7 .

MIUI..

miui_v5_by_grzesek-d5z3l5h.png

So, yeah.. maybe it's not 100% the same, but it does indeed look like they were "inspired" a lot by Android.

Couldn't agree more. Wouldn't call myself a hard core Apple user. Have an iPhone but also a Nexus.

The UI and UX does look great. It was needed but to be honest and give credit where it's due they delivered better than I expected. Sure some of the parts look like Windows Phone, Android, third party apps like Mailbox and Sunrise and even parts like Blackberry messenger hub but who cares? It's not like everything on Android is unique either. Consumers win when companies copy off each other as everything gets better unless someone is sued of course. Nobody like to see that.

The real reason I like your comment is the statement about a more open OS. One thing I was hoping to see was an API for third party keyboards. Swype CEO made a comment a few days ago saying he'd like to develop a keyboard for iOS and even though Apple throw out numbers like 1500 new API's for iOS 7 they didn't include key ones like a keyboard. API's that allow apps to communicate are also missing. For example if I take a photo it's saved to the camera roll and then I go open a third party photo editing app and open the photo from the camera roll. I can't send the photo from the camera direct to the photo editing app. That's bad communication between apps. Widgits are also lacking. I though we'd see more interaction or live tile type icons and the notifications are still just notifications and not that actionable to the degree you get on Android from what I've seen. These are key API's that would make it more open and useful.

Edit... and you still can't change the default apps without a jailbreak. Maps is useless so why force it on users?

Seems to me like another one of Apple's trademark strategies.
Make enough changes to keep the users happy, indroduce the "new stuff" to a wide audience full of Apple-lovers, get a shitload of publicity, rake in the profits.

They've done enough, but they could do much more with the resources they have.

How the hell is that same?

Font style - different
Method of opening lock - Different
Wallpaper - Clearly different (Apple's is better in fact)

If you actually observe, forgetting that you hate Apple, you can see that they are different.
If you have any knowledge of user experience and layout design then you'd understand that Apple has once again taken key concepts from Android, and some from Windows too. It's just hypocritical of them since they blatently copy other OS's but clearly don't like original iOS features being used on other OS's, which is why people get pissed off.

What pisses me off more is when people take sides between Apple vs Android, when in the end - you, the consumer, will end up loosing out.

Last edited:
I just update my 4S to the Beta, it's still a little bit laggy but compares to some low cost Androids I've used in the last year.

New features are nice too! Control center is really usefull and multitasking is great. They studied the Jailbreak scene a lot in my opinion because a lot of the features already had a predecessor before available on Cydia, less user friendly of course..

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

I just update my 4S to the Beta, it's still a little bit laggy but compares to some low cost Androids I've used in the last year.

New features are nice too! Control center is really usefull and multitasking is great. They studied the Jailbreak scene a lot in my opinion because a lot of the features already had a predecessor before available on Cydia, less user friendly of course..

One thing which Android had before iOs and I have always found very important is the "bluetooth" and "wifi-direct" feature, iOs also has less customization options compared to Android too and tbh it just looks like a rich kid's thing and not of a pro.

I dont hate Apple's iOs, I just like Google's Android more. :)

I really don't like the look of this new interface. I think they have gone with what critics say rather than Fans.

The Top Liked comments on that video on YouTube says it all.

t01hUGs.png

Actually, What i see is Android Jelly Bean Transitions & Slider etc, Combined with Windows Phone UI.
Except the old Icons Part of Previous iOS versions. Lmao! :D

Well Done Apple :D Very Innovation i must say. lol

I know that Fontstyle, wallpaper are different, but the concept is the same!!! I don't hate Apple but they should be thought these changes earlier... These already existed on Android and Metro..

By the way you should check out this:

http://www.wpcentral.com/latest-windows-phone-incarnation-ios-7

For this I might say that it looks a bit like Windows:

2.jpg

but then again tiles always existed, they have just removed the curves now:
IPhone_call_screen.png

Coming to this one:
5.jpg

Whenever you open a new page in safari, this screen does appear, however now they have just added the ability to select from the list. So again no copy.

Then this one:
4.jpg

Photos have always appeared in this fashion in iphone

I would however agree that iPhone needs to be innovative, but then Apple is simply playing safe and doesn't want its consumers to experience a massive change (remember Windows 8! They are launching new version named Windows Blue to help people adapt to the new interface).
Android TBH sucks now. It does get new features but then those features are something you hardly use nowadays. Galaxy S series is simply not doing well, S4 hasn't received much reviews, the only good Android phone is Nexus, which is not available in majority of the countries.
Windows is doing well only in the Lumia handsets. And currently it doesn't have much apps to attract someone to switch from Android or iOS.
And Blackberry... I guess everyone knows it position, so no comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back