Anti-Islam film prompts Saudi call for net censorship body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath

Banned
Banned
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...ompts-Saudi-call-for-net-censorship-body.html

In a submission to forthcoming international talks on internet governance, the Gulf state said “there is a crying need for international collaboration to address ‘freedom of expression’ which clearly disregards public orderâ€.

During the controversy over a 14-minute clip posted on YouTube and purportedly a trailer for a feature film called “The Innocence of Muslimsâ€, Google resisted pressure, including from the White House, to remove it.
"This video - which is widely available on the web - is clearly within our guidelines and so will stay on YouTube," Google said last month.

The Saudi government has now told the World Telecommunications Policy Forum, a UN body, that the incident was “an obvious example†of the need for greater international cooperation to restrict content online.

“Any reasonable person would know that this film would foment violence and, indeed, many innocent persons have died and been injured with this film as a root cause,†the Saudi submission said.

23 comments
Any reasonable person would know that this film would foment violence

What this statement actually tells you?

I am seriously upset, that this movie could cause innocent peoples death.
We should be reasonable to accept that?

Anyone can freely express themselves, speak, innovate democratic country but not condescending, insulting or offending anyone or any group if it is degrading, humiliating or hurting the feelings of others is no longer a democracy but democrazy, please feel free to speak out and innovate but on track positively all that there is a limit, freedom does not mean there's no limit this's wrong opinion.

this my opinion for movie "The Innocence of Muslims"

Last edited:
If everyone lived their lives scared they may offend some one else with what they said. No one would ever speak. Period.

People say things every day that will most likely offend some one, some where. Doesn't mean you censor something for one specific group. No matter how large. Freedom of speech online should remain free speech for all. If nations decide to limit free speech, fine. Do it within your own countries. Don't attempt to push it on others.

If you do not like what someone says, speak your opinion, but do not attempt to censor theirs.

Having a dissenting opinion IMO is a basic human right, that is what makes it free speech.

If you punish people that think differently then you do you you are denying free speech.

If you do this what makes you any better or more righteous then anyone else?

Free Speak is okey but not condescending, insulting or offending anyone or any group
this cencorship becouse that speech can negative effect to the global becouse this hurting human religion
and sure this will be make many many racist about religion if this not limited then how we can peace ?

free speak is okey if that still on track positive Not negative

we make example Wjunction is a country, you can speak anything but not racist, insulting someone or related

you can free speak if that still on rules and that positive if other country have free speech and no care about someone speak racist or related than that not free speak that bad country no have human right.

Last edited:
"If you believe in freedom of speech, you believe in freedom of speech for views you don't like. Stalin and Hitler, for example, were dictators in favor of freedom of speech for views they liked only. If you're in favor of freedom of speech, that means you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise." (Noam Chomsky, prominent jewish leftist author).

freedom of speech does not have to be racist speech is the positive thing if you define freedom of speech in all of both negative and positive is also one of, if freedom of speech can lead to racism or hatred should not be, we do not restrict freedom of speech if it does not exist an element degrading, humiliating or hurting another person or group, please express but still in the right track or not harassing humanitarian side of other people's beliefs

if you think free peech is must no limit this wrong only GOD is no limit (this only for people belive GOD)

i am done

If you make any limits on what can be said it is not free speech. There is can be no censorship to have truly free speech.

All your arguments of racism, hatred, etc. are based on individual opinions and promote censorship which means you only favor free speech when it suits you, that is not free speech it is censorship.

we make example Wjunction is a country, you can speak anything but not racist, insulting someone or related

Thing is, WJ doesnt represent the way people should live their lives.
Rules are put into place here because the owners of WJ want to create a more relaxed/professional environment, to avoid little immature bullshit "fights" & people harassing each other.

@Thrill

You has been answer what i mean
Free Speech i mean no make fights & people harassing each other. this clear
you use Free Speech not to make hurting someone or group this is clear (if you a good guy)

That why saudi goverment need to be cencorchip becouse this has been hurting global moeslem in the world and the effect is global fight and that will be bad

Last edited:
yxAyH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky, you argument makes no sense.

Basically what you're saying is, no one can criticize Islam because some guy in Saudi Arabia said it, and other Muslim's agree.

Therefor, using the same logic, Christians or Jews, or Hindu's, or Atheists who utterly disagree with Islam, would be forced to be silent on the matter. Doesn't work that way, that's limiting free speech.

Perhaps people should learn to just ignore people a little better instead of getting pissed off, starting riots, and acting a fool. All because some one said something they didn't like, or made a video/cartoon/speech that 'insulted' them or their religion.

Like I already said, people say things every single day that are going to offend some one. If you can't accept that, perhaps its time to live in solitude, cut off from the world.

@Heath

why need criticize Islam, islam never criticize other religion
where and when you see Islam criticize other religion and other Religion Prophet ?
we respected all religion prophet becouse that our prophet to

Your religion is your religion, my religon is my religion that our learn at islam

Not all Muslim can ignore and silent when our prophet insulting meybe they ignore but in their heart is angry
if i do insulting your prophet meybe you ignore and silent but in your heart can't be lie that will be angry (you not angry if you not have religion and prophet)

i think you not sense say like that, the true is free speech is include in there is repected if not have respected then that can't be say free speech that stupid speech (Not have education)

lol@ Islam not criticizing other religions.

Once again, and for the last time. FREE SPEECH is FREE SPEECH. Which includes what some people consider insults. If it makes some people angry, then oh well... DEAL WITH IT! That doesn't mean riot, it doesn't mean murder, it doesn't mean declare a war on free speech. Period.

Heath

Prove me where is islam first criticizing other religions ?
what declare a war on free speech We just need thta movie cut no all

If i make movie insulting your prohphet you will be fill same need to be removed that movie
Please Free Speech but the effect from what you speech you will be go it

that why free speech is must have respected to other not use words FREE SPEECH To Hurting person
if you use free speech words for hurting people then the effect you must ready to got it

ex: i am use Free Speech to say bad about your parents you will ignore me ?
i think your fill you will be kill me coz say bad about your parent

i f you not understand what i mean then go back to school again

Oh man...

If someone points you to where islam is criticizing anything, you would say we are generalizing things, and those are not real islam representatives, or find whatever excuse.

You don't kill people because they have different view, than you. PERIOD.

@aapkae guess what, hater fag, this is censorship, applied on you, do you like it?

Last edited:
http://news.yahoo.com/muslim-mob-burns-catholic-church-sudan-capital-121656373.html

I can post hundreds if not thousands of these from just the last two years. From everything from Churches to Hindu temples.

Perhaps you simply don't understand, perhaps its a language barrier. But censoring ANY thing just because you find it insulting opens the door to more censoring. That's an invasion of free speech. PERIOD.

And no, if you insult me, or my parents. Go ahead. I could careless. Personally, I don't give a crap what people i'll never meet say about me. People can say what they want, when they want. That's the difference between most of the world, and Muslims according to this post.

Now perhaps follow your own advice and 'go back to school' in hopes they can teach you some logic. Which is clearly missing in your argument.

Now, the original post is about Saudi's wanting censoring of things on the internet that Muslims find offensive. If you agree, say you agree and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back