Anonymous declares war on NYSE, plans to erase it from the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShareShiz

Banned
Banned
Today, Anonymous appears to have threatened to remove the New York Stock Exchange from the internet on October 10.

A video posted to YouTube with the familiar computer-generated voice that Anonymous is known to use stated that "On Oct. 10, NYSE shall be erased from the Internet. On Oct. 10, expect a day that will never, ever be forgotten." The threat looks to be in response to the Occupy Wall Street protest, in which hundreds have been arrested, according to PCMag.

The video goes on to say that "it seems that the government and federal agencies enjoy enforcing the law a little bit too much" and that the group "will not stand by and watch the system take over our way of life." The video instructs users to download the LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Canon DDoS tool) and target www.nyse.com on October 10.

The group didn't outline how they plan to "erase" the NYSE from the internet, but it's likely they mean a co-ordinated take down of their website and any additional endpoints that can be found. PCMag points out that some believe that taking down the NYSE website would only be a minor inconvienience, and that the group may attempt to stop the NYSE trading on the exchange.

Such a move could be devastating to world markets, and it's hard to predict what would actually happen if the group managed to stop trading. The transcript of the video reads;

Greetings, institutions of the media.

We are Anonymous.

The events transpiring within Wall Street have caught our eye.

It seems that the government and federal agencies enjoy enforcing the law a little bit too much. They instate unjust laws as mindless automatons, blindly following orders with soulless precision.

We witness the government enforcing the laws that punish the 99 percent while allowing the 1 percent to escape justice, unharmed, for their crimes against the people.

We have observed this same government failing to enforce even the minimal legal restraints of Wall Street's abuses. This government who has willingly ignored the greed at Wall Street has even bailed out the perpetrators that have caused our crisis.

We will not stand by and watch the system take over our way of life.

We the people shall stand against the government's inaction.

We the people will not be witnesses to your corruption and ill-gotten profits.

We will not labor for your leisure.

We will not assist you in any way.

This is why we choose to declare our war against the New York Stock Exchange. We can no longer stay silent as the population is being exploited and forced to make sacrifices in the name of profit.

We will show the world that we are true to our word. On Oct. 10, NYSE shall be erased from the Internet. On Oct. 10, expect a day that will never, ever be forgotten.

Vox Populi, Vox Anon.

The Voice of The People is The Voice of Anonymous.

We are Legion. We are the 99 percent.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Wall Street: Expect us.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsLuYnEyFLw[/ame]

Source

23 comments
i doubt they will be successful as they have announced the date rather then doing it silently in the past so they might be careless this time, but i do hope they succeed, fingures crossed

If you ask me those script kiddies are just a joke, not a threat! I always get angry when hearing about these kids. They have posted a video on youtube, very lame! ROFL!

Even if they can do it ( I'm sure they can't), they are not doing anything good. They are just like any other phisher or cracker who wants to break something.
The most annoying is when they say we "fight" against government, big companies, blah blah blah.

Fucking idiots

And I can't wait 10th october when they fail , and I'm gonna laugh so hard

Their motives are correct, but obviously most of you fail to understand what is going on, so all you see them as hackers.
Same goal they share with people who are protesting on Wall Street, and getting beaten up by the police.
How can you possibly fight against government? You can't use weapons, because they are in their possession.
This isn't the actual battle. This is attempt to show those bastards, that they are outnumbered. And if masses are starting to wake up...they are fucked. But, to get that message trough, internet is the best way, because TV is polluted with their crap, which they are paying for. Streets are covered with police, so no much use of that.

US government is the worst in the world. They are the source of many wars, hunger, suffer, death, pollution, corruption. You name it...
You can't throw a bread on them. You can't fight with laws, because they are written by them, to protect THEM.

Question for everyone:

If you see that your government is working against you, what would you do?
Would you ignore it, or would you try to act, anyhow?
Would you let 'em enslave you, and make you a debt slave, you, your family, your kids, and their kids, or you would search for early signs of that, and react before that happens?

The ddos will just be the first part while they start attacking from the backend...
While the owners of the site is busy dealing with the ddos they will have time to hit the main services... DNS/SERVER...

Thats how anonymous works they create a distraction..

Honestly if they succeed then kudos to them, if not well nice try. Even though a lot of Anon is a bunch of kiddies there is intelligent personal, and hopefully shit will be done. Same with Facebook, that's why I've put all my shit on Google +. Not just that reason, but also because + is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back