Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ll0

I was wondering how anonym.to can pay for their servers? I cant see any ads. I supouse that they have powerful and expensive servers to handle that kind of visits.

So, anyone knows whats the deal with this guys?

Or is it maybe that they dont need powerful servers at all? =:)

Last edited:
4 comments
Link protectors and such are easy on the servers. They don't need much bandwidth etc.

My guess is that they run on 1 really powerful or few smaller servers. Not costing more than $400-$500 per month.

$500 might sound like a not but it's not, they most likely have other projects/business to keep it running.

Or maybe they just do it so we have it. They are giving us something, and asking nothing in return... i think they just love to share.

It's just redirecting without sending referrer header. They don't need even mysql connected. This just simple php script and that's all :) For such traffic (I think about 400k visits daily) they need maximum 1DS or even customized VPS.
They could earn from being online for a long time. After being 2-4 years online with high traffic you became trusted and popular. So when they decide to sell they could get nice amount. And this is for totally free service ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back