Alleged Russian Spammer Arrested For Sending 10 Billion Spam Messages/Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan saleem

Alleged Russian Spammer Arrested For Sending 10 Billion Spam Messages/Day

[SLIDE]http://www.coated.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/spam.jpg[/SLIDE]

You may never have heard of the 23-year old Russian Oleg Nikolaenko but you may have been on the receiving end of one of his spam messages in your personal mailbox. Nikolaenko was considered the number one spammer in the world last month and on a daily basis, he was responsible of sending out 10 billion spam emails per day.
Nikolaenko was believed to have control over one of the largest bot networks which are zombie computers. Known as Mega-D botnet, this network consisted of 500,000 personal computers which were able to send out 10 billion messages. Nikolaenko promoted the typical things that you find in spam messages such as herbal remedies, counterfeit goods and prescription medications. The 23-year old was so successful in his operations that one fake Rolex maker was reported as saying that they spent over $2 million on spam advertising.
It was in 2007 that Nikolaenko came under the watchful eye of the FBI and on November 4th, he was arrested in Las Vegas. He now faces charges that if he is convicted of, will result in him spending 3 years in prison and having to pay a fine of $250,000.

15 comments
This is actually old. He was arrested nov 4th, I saw this maybe the 6th at the latest, and if I am not mistaken it was posted here.

This is actually old. He was arrested nov 4th, I saw this maybe the 6th at the latest, and if I am not mistaken it was posted here.

in fact this is an old thread but u keep in mind that thief is kapt a day i think this indicator is sufficient for a wise man...

read the title "alleged" meaning they haven't proved bat-shit yet. And why would a fake rolex company say they hired someone to spam for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back