Status
Not open for further replies.

M

Administrator
Staff member
AJAX PM & Visitor Notifications - Bugs

We have enabled the AJAX PM and visitor notifications. The option for AJAX PM and visitor notifications are off by default (as it'll hog the server if enabled for everyone by default). If you wish to use the AJAX PM and visitor notifications, go to user settings and under miscellaneous options you'll see the options to enable AJAX PM notifications and visitor messages.

If you notice any bugs, please let us know below and we will rectify the problem.

The box design will be changed soon (we've enabled it to allow users to test it)

Thanks.

31 comments
@pi0tr3k - It's not on the side bar options. Scroll down to miscellaneous options and you'll see the options.

@Froomple - Has anyone sent you a PM or visitor msg after you enabled it?

oh pi0, you are so cute ..lol
Just to go here: http://www.wjunction.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
and scroll till the bottom until you find this:
HvBu7.png

The issues have been resolved too (NaN and not able to close the notification).

I will leave this thread open so that if any other issues arise, you guys can notify us here.

Thanks.

For me it's working, sound and all.

One small issue I noticed is that it updates the top notifications when a new pm is received but it doesn't remove it once it's been read, only on page refresh.

I'm talking about this,
dFI3T.png

I enabled them both but I've visitor messages disabled. It should probably make the plugin check to see if the user has PM and Visitor Messages enabled before allowing ajax notification to be enabled and then present a warning message or offer the option to enable visitor messages.

For me it's working, sound and all.

One small issue I noticed is that it updates the top notifications when a new pm is received but it doesn't remove it once it's been read, only on page refresh.

I'm talking about this,
dFI3T.png

I assume you open new PMs in new tabs? We made it so that PMs are read in the tab the notification is displayed, that way we wouldn't need to add an extra query. If you're on about the notifications while reading a PM - we'll have a look into it.

I enabled them both but I've visitor messages disabled. It should probably make the plugin check to see if the user has PM and Visitor Messages enabled before allowing ajax notification to be enabled and then present a warning message or offer the option to enable visitor messages.

We'll add a condition to it, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back