Status
Not open for further replies.
10 comments
The problem here is religious threads are not banned. The one which led to this discussion is trashed since it is comparing leaders/heads of two religions which will definitely lead to some serious fights between members here or some hatred against the OP.

Also, this is already there in the rules:

[SLIDE]http://i.imgur.com/CHgmS8a.png[/SLIDE]

In the end, it is we who decide what is allowed and what is not in such sensitive threads. We will take appropriate action in the interest of the community.

But it says not encouraged, which is not an all out banned on comparing those two people. What about adding a rule about threads that may lead to flame wars.

There are so many rules already! We do not want an all out ban, we are not communists. The OP should be mature enough to create threads which do not lead to flame wars on religions/nation/community/ethnicity etc etc

You don’t ban religious, political or racial threads otherwise if the likes of Nelson Mandela who was in hospital this week were to pass away we wouldn't be allowed have a thread reflecting on his life and achievements. You ban trolls and people who cause problems not a blanket ban on content.

Might as well ban it entirely because there are overly sensitive people everywhere and it was my mistake for thinking that the thread could have turned into a civilized debate. When sensitive threads are created ie; Blatant Verbal Assaults on the USA. I simply produced evidence to the contrary and expressed my beliefs and feelings on the topic.

The really interesting thing is that people can post threads like this:
http://www.wjunction.com/5-general-discussion/45351-jesus-hiv-positive.html

Or this:
http://www.wjunction.com/148-debating-zone/167521-religion-vs-science.html?highlight=religion

And they are directly related & permissible.

Therefore an all out ban should be warranted for any religious related topics to spare any and all.

Also in regards to the thread I created. As I stated, I date a Muslim woman and have been dating her for a year now. She is a devout Muslim and makes Salat just like she should. The thread was intended for debate purposes and the individuals who felt otherwise should have stated their reasons. Since we don't do that, and trashed the thread. Then we should just ban it completely.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

There are so many rules already! We do not want an all out ban, we are not communists. The OP should be mature enough to create threads which do not lead to flame wars on religions/nation/community/ethnicity etc etc

Technically anything could result in a flame war. It is the users responsibility to not engage in flaming one another. What we witnessed on that thread, was users inability to engage in a civilized manner with coherent replies and evidence producing responses.

There are so many rules indeed. How is it an operators fault for creating a thread that is for debate purposes when it goes rogue? It's not. It's the users fault for tramping all over it and not sharing their beliefs and opinions in an intellectual manner.

Last edited:
You want discussion about religion go right ahead but don't post lies about a person. At least do you homework when posting something.

Alright, you guys can cool down.
This is just a feedback thread, and stuffs have been said very correctly by Rox.

To0, your intention might have been different. But its your "views" on other religions is what provoked other members.
Views change from person to person, but it must be well researched before posting it in public.

End of debates in this section.

/Closed.

If you have issues with religious threads, that bash your specific religion, pray for those people, instead of unleashing anger (in case you can't add anything meaningful and contribute to actual discussion).
Fundamentalism is not what religions are meant for, they exist for people to find inner peace and comfort, not to be tools for restriction on others people freedom.

Same goes for countries. Country isn't a person, neither is religion. There's nothing wrong in criticizing any of them.
You want us to ban something based on your belief, and not on common sense and reason. Not going to happen. People can discuss whatever they want until they decide to attack each other. THAT is something we will not allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back