Status
Not open for further replies.

Clowner

I was reading this [Announcement] Fork you, SMF! post. It's a post about how 2 of SMF(Simple Machine Forum)'s top contributors to codes and mods were kicked off the team and sort of booted from the site. They thought about making their own type of forum based off SMF but with their own codes and features. There was hostility when they tried to get SMF's approval on this but you can read more on this in the post. Anyways, it got me thinking.. Why isn't there a forum script for warez webmasters? It's definitely possible. With all the coders here I'm sure it can be done.

It can be based off other forum scripts (IPB, Vb and all others) but with it's own code and own features and even it can have it's own look. I assume it would be open source or similar so people wouldn't have to pay for it.

Just my thoughts.. What do you think?

3 comments
I don't think there's ever really been a concentrated effort. You also have to take in to account about who will be directing it, who will code it, who will test it and all that good stuff because many people will definitely try to get a hand in this.

SLiMRiDER said:
I don't think there's ever really been a concentrated effort.
Yeah I Don't think so either.

SLiMRiDER said:
You also have to take in to account about who will be directing it, who will code it, who will test it and all that good stuff because many people will definitely try to get a hand in this.

Yeah you're right there needs to be people who are really committed to making this happen.. but i just wanted to see what people would think about this idea.

Yeah there were attempts to get a big warez forum up, where people from here just team up and work together on a single warez forum and the save problems arose like who would be admin, who would do that and it was just a mess. If there was a small group of people, then I think that would work out perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back