Status
Not open for further replies.

pi0tr3k

Hey all,

This topic is actually for downloaders only, for people that don't post (or not a lot at least).

As the topic title says, I'd like to know in what people are interested, what they want to see on a "perfect" warez forum.

• What file hosts and why
  • Mirrors
  • Which features
  • Special modifications for easier navigating
  • etc etc..

This is only to know what downloaders are looking for, what they expect from a good forum to download from.

Post your suggestions here, I want to hear them all :)

Cheers

ps: this topic is not about a specific warez forum or whatever.

7 comments
You work on a DDL site I think. You should add a search by file host module (if you haven't already) and track what people are searching. This will give you lots of accurate data on what downloaders and not uploaders are looking for.

This is how the likes of Twilight.ws, Katz (rip), NexusDDL and other DDL sites know what are Gold, Silver and Bronze file hosts as they know what file hosts downloaders are looking for. I always though it was funny the uploaders complained about what file hosts should be premium or Gold but they had no idea of what it was in reality.

When I go to a site which has got thousands upon thousands of downloads, but loads of dead links (Warez-BB for example) I tend not to visit again. I would rather go to a site that has nice, clean threads, with a few hundred posts. I also prefer scene releases over P2P. So if I go to a site and it is laid out well, with proper release titles, that gets my vote.

On file hosts, I like seeing Rapidshare, Megaupload, Mediafire. If I see any other hosts on there (unless it's a very special site, like OneDDL for example, not a forum, but can't think of a special forum), I would not download from them, because I know they are wanting me to download their cash links. I also want the links updated, if I go back in a year, and the links are dead, I want the person to be willing to upload them again, to Rapidshare. I REALLY hate it when people upload to Rapidshare, as well as the cash sites, but just leave the Rapidshare links to die, in an obvious attempt to make people download from the cash links, which some stupid people fall for.

I don't really care about mods, as long as the site is fast, and doesn't look too ugly.

I hope that helps you mate, just my opinion. :)

You work on a DDL site I think. You should add a search by file host module (if you haven't already) and track what people are searching. This will give you lots of accurate data on what downloaders and not uploaders are looking for.
This is actually a great idea, to track search results. Good point there. Thanks for your reply!.

I REALLY hate it when people upload to Rapidshare, as well as the cash sites, but just leave the Rapidshare links to die, in an obvious attempt to make people download from the cash links, which some stupid people fall for.
Indeed, some people upload as free or whatever, not in their accounts, and every one knows that RS has/had 10 downloads limit per file (I don't know if it's still the same).. 10 people download the RS links, they die, and others are forced to use paid links.. I hate it too :(

There is no perfect 'illegal' website, you may try and create one which would solely feature the material you bought and then made a web version of. By doing that, you'd be ensuring your visitors' safety and providing quality material for free, to those who aren't in the situation to buy it.

The only workable concept would be a private one, public version just doesn't work. Out of many reasons of course, one of them would be file inactivity and getting the website known without actually "advertising" it and getting the visitors from search engines.

So basically, a perfect warez forum is not actually a warez forum, it's a website that would provide direct download links to quality material while not saving any of the logs of users who download it.

Even though you'd make absolutely NOTHING from the website, it would still be illegal, and you could easily end up in the pin, even though you tried to be anonymous by not registering the domain on yourself, you'd make a mistake and everything would go to hell.

Best you can do is close everything that is illegal and move on with your life. We all tried to change rhe warez scene, but people don't care...

ill give you an advice about filehosts
1- rapidshare
2- megaupload
3- fileserve
4- filesonic (if you want,,but this is the least preferred one as no one looks for fsc to download...)
and the most important thing is..Quality Posts..that doesnt mean 3D images or sucha stupid things (i think its,);;
for example Quality Posts means..Activated Apps..Cracked Games...(Problems-Solved , No Bugs Software/Games)
movies and TV shows,,shouldnt be archived with rar or zip..it should be downloaded as its orginal format..avi,mp4....

im mainly a downloader..and thats what im searching for :)

Best Regards,
BdR !

I might be a bit harsh when I say that the best sites are the ones that do NOT have an unlimited amount of members! I am trying to set-up a site with "Membership by Invite Only". I really think this is the way to go to stop abuse from multi/autoposters and spammers etc etc. Not only that but if you do happen to get an invite... you feel more like part of that community and are not prone to abuse it and feel a little more ELITE. Links would stay live longer, trust and friendship become more abundant, security within the group and community builds upon itself and old values like... integrity, trust, loyalty ...are paramount to the wealth and future of the site. And as Foxman says... nothing is certain, guaranteed or perfect! But the basis of how and why the warez scene came about... is long long long gone! Its now all about greed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back