73 dead and over 1000 injured on soccer game on Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

il capo

A football match between Egypt’s top two teams ended in violent clashes between rival fans, as thousands of people stormed the field after the match. At least 73 people have been killed and over 1,000 more were injured in the mayhem.
The row happened in the Egyptian city of Port Said on Wednesday, after Al-Masry won 3-1 against Egypt’s top team Al-Ahly.
Thousands of Al-Masry supporters stormed the field after their team snatched the rare victory. They then cornered rival players and fans, showering them with bottles and rocks.
According to medical officials, most of the victims are believed to have died of suffocation and cranial injuries. Some of those killed were security officers, the Associated Press reports.
Egypt's state prosecutor has ordered an immediate investigation into the incident.
The two teams have a longstanding rivalry, which has been the source of many violent clashes between their supporters in recent years.
Egyptian state television reports that the country’s football federation has indefinitely postponed all league play.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5nXoloSrc[/ame]

:facepalm:

27 comments
It's tragic, but deaths in riots usually involve poor judgement from both sides. Still, it's terrible that had to happen and I do feel sorrow for their families.

they are just stupid ... despite they was winning 3 : 1 they attack the other team fans

I don't Know why but due to that Egyptian league I think suspended this year ...

guys , i was at that match
please don't just give wrong thoughts without knowing what's going on .
i almost got killed yesterday , its just a big politics play .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back