200+ Visitors Website VPS down help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetpaks

im a beginner in terms of creating a website my site is an adult site a tube like site
at first i used shared but the owner of the hosting told me to upgrade (refer the basic vps specs below) because of the limit
i agree to upgrade it to basic vps.. the first two weeks is working fine so i decided to create another two tube site again
the videos are not self stored i just embed it somewhere.. and the thumbnail is the one who save on the server.
it runs pretty smoothly then after a few weeks the site wentdown 2-3 times a week. i contacted my host and tell him about my issue so he told me i need to upgrade.. so thats what i did (refer the advanced VPS below)..
then like before the website went smoothly then after a before the end of the month the website went down again.. i contacted them
and they said the traffic is slowly increasing so.. they suggest to upgrade to xen vps so i did again.. (refer the xen vps below)
i tought the upgrade is over but then just this week my website goes down every peak hours when im asleep for 4 hours in 3 days since i restart the vps because the apache and pure ftpd is down.. i message them again.. and now for me to make it better they told me to upgrade to PRO (refer to pro vps below)..

I dont know what to do.. looking for the visitor counters it reached 200+ users on peak hours everyday then suddenly go down..
what do you think guys please advice me thank you

my site is 4 months old

Basic VPS
Code:
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Guaranteed RAM 512MB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Burstable RAM 1024MB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Premium Storage 50GB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Premium Bandwidth 60 GB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- IP Address 1 Included[/FONT][/COLOR]

Advance VPS
Code:
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Guaranteed RAM 1024 MB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Burstable RAM 1.5 GB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Premium Storage 100GB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Premium Bandwidth 1000 GB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Port Speed 1000Mbps [/FONT][/COLOR]

XEN VPS
Code:
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Guaranteed RAM 1024 MB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Burstable RAM 2000 MB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Premium Storage 50GB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Port Speed 1000Mbps [/FONT][/COLOR]

Pro Xen VPS
Code:
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Guaranteed RAM 2GB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Burstable RAM 2.5 GB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Premium Storage 60 GB[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica Neue]- Port Speed 1Gbps [/FONT][/COLOR]

mywebsites its an adult so kindly check and tell me your review

Last edited:
6 comments
How much bandwidth your website is utilizing per day ? I believe 2 GB even not sufficient for a streaming website like yours. It is even possible that some one else is doing an attack or using your content on their website, this will never show you a load but only going to increase load on your server. But I may be wrong. Because there many possibilities. One need to analyse your server well. You should hire manage service so that some monitor your server continuously.

We would really need to go through the logs and see what is going down. Sounds like maybe each user is grabbing 10-20 connections and causing the server to lose available connections for others.
Or it could be that myql is locked due to connections.
If you are not running nginx I would suggest it. Those specs should easily handle 2 sites that are not file hosting.

If you want pm me with the url and ssh login details and I will try to find the problem.

Is the VPS fully managed? If not, probably would be best to opt for a fully managed VPS. Any reputable fully managed provider should be able to tell you the real problem instead of just telling you to upgrade packages.

Not only should a fully managed provider be able to pinpoint the problem for you but they should also be able to optimize your VPS for your website to ensure the best performance possible.

If you just embed videos hosted elsewhere it sounds like your webhost is just trying to grab $ from you.

As Lock Down said you need to check logs to see if your site does create server load, other people are just promoting there hosting without fully reading your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back