100tbh.com - Worst support - no refund...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Delboy,

Yes but I have a partner (Sameer) who is located in Pakistan, I cannot list him on Companies house.

Thanks,
Danny

Actually you can, but I don’t really care, I just hate scam hosts run by 16 year old kids of which you clearly are, hence the lack of legal documents, you do realise that because you do not have a published refund policy a refund of any kind is valid, therefore even if the VPS work you should refund the people in this thread, otherwise I would recommend they speak to PayPal because legally you have no right to refuse the refund because you have no policy prior to the date of purchasing which outlines this.

It is also a Legal Requirement in the UK for anyone proving a service to clearly inform people prior to purchase of the refund policy as per the Sale of Goods Act 1979, something which you have not done.

^ used ur service twice on peering and on TRYING TO OPEN FIREFOX and go to sites but i was like getting a cup of tea while the Semi-dedi would respond to my request and giving me not responding alot

i wont be getting on that semi-dedi anymore as i dont have a full free 24h to get SS of poor speed , actually my time on that dedi was 10 mins total and then 2 mins when u said the server has the full speed when u leech a file from leaseweb itself ...

okay, I can understand that you're annoyed with the port speed, but! - why would an unmanaged dedicated server provider help you with your httpserver problems? This is your responsibility.

Hi Delboy,

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, to be honest I am unsure of UK law when it comes to non physical goods, and I am not sure if that applies to 100TBh.

We do issue refunds, usually if there is downtime that equals more then 1% over the year or we mess up. The only thing I ask is that you can prove this to me.

We have a business account with PayPal and have never in the last three years had a claim go the way of the customer, PayPal and Google Checkout do not cover non physical goods - I understand this can be frustrating, I am not here to rip anyone off, but at the same time it needs to be a fair refund if we are going to process it.

Let me know if you think that is out of order in anyway.

Danny

^ used ur service twice on peering and on TRYING TO OPEN FIREFOX and go to sites but i was like getting a cup of tea while the Semi-dedi would respond to my request and giving me not responding alot

i wont be getting on that semi-dedi anymore as i dont have a full free 24h to get SS of poor speed , actually my time on that dedi was 10 mins total and then 2 mins when u said the server has the full speed when u leech a file from leaseweb itself ...

Hi,

We usually perform that test for HDD speeds, not for peering.

If you have any more details then I can look into this case and possibly offer a refund.

Thanks,
Danny

okay, I can understand that you're annoyed with the port speed, but! - why would an unmanaged dedicated server provider help you with your httpserver problems? This is your responsibility.

Hi Fatfigher,

Thanks for your reply, we do offer best effort support, like we did with the HTTP server, but I am no nix guru and I can accept no liability when working on a customers machine for data loss. Like any provider.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi,

Anything like a ping, screenshot, tracert would be enough.

Can I ask if you still have an active VPS with us?

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Delboy,

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, to be honest I am unsure of UK law when it comes to non physical goods, and I am not sure if that applies to 100TBh.

We do issue refunds, usually if there is downtime that equals more then 1% over the year or we mess up. The only thing I ask is that you can prove this to me.

We have a business account with PayPal and have never in the last three years had a claim go the way of the customer, PayPal and Google Checkout do not cover non physical goods - I understand this can be frustrating, I am not here to rip anyone off, but at the same time it needs to be a fair refund if we are going to process it.

Let me know if you think that is out of order in anyway.

Danny

Hi Danny,
UK Law regarding refunds does indeed apply to 100TBH as it applies to all items physical or otherwise as the Law was written in 1979, and therefore there is no distinction.

I know Google Checkout do not cover non-physical goods, however PayPal does in some cases, they do it on a case by case basis, e.g. if one person starts a case you may win because its non-physical however if 10 customers start a case they will likely win, due to mass complaints.

I would suggest that in this case due to you violating UK Law namely Sale of Goods Act 1979, that you offer a refund in Good Faith to those who want a refund, giving everyone for example 7 days to claim a refund and after the 7 days your new refund policy (which you are presumably writing now) comes into force which sets out the extra clauses.

I hope this clears it up for you.

Hi,

OK, if you would like to keep this with AlertPay that is OK, but if you do have anything else that has not been provided here or on AlertPay this can speed up the refund.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Delboy,

Due to the manual nature of the setup, I still feel it is only fair to give a refund if the product purchased is not fit for purpose, the same way that if you return an item for no reason to a store they can charge a restocking fee.

I can see what you have posted makes sense, but I have also checked out other genuine VPS hosting located in the UK and they do not offer any refunds for non faulty service.

If the customer has any sort of quibble, screenshot, other proof I am more than willing to give a refund. This can be downtime, config issues form setup, staff being rude, anything, I will listen.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi,

OK, if you would like to keep this with AlertPay that is OK, but if you do have anything else that has not been provided here or on AlertPay this can speed up the refund.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Delboy,

Due to the manual nature of the setup, I still feel it is only fair to give a refund if the product purchased is not fit for purpose, the same way that if you return an item for no reason to a store they can charge a restocking fee.

I can see what you have posted makes sense, but I have also checked out other genuine VPS hosting located in the UK and they do not offer any refunds for non faulty service.

If the customer has any sort of quibble, screenshot, other proof I am more than willing to give a refund. This can be downtime, config issues form setup, staff being rude, anything, I will listen.

Thanks,
Danny

give us a cached page on ur 100tbh.com homepage / order page where it says no refunds and that we have to agree on that

Must you drag yourself through the mud any further?

This is pathetic, just like your "company policy" that doesn't exist.

By the way, you're doing an awesome job. Look at how active this thread is!

Going to have lots more clients you are :)

Hi,

We do not make users accept this, but other companies do the same, please let me know if you can find the page where LeaseWeb, VPS.NET or FastHosts mention a refund policy?

I have just checked LeaseWeb with no joy.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Delboy,

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny,
A store can charge a restocking fee, if someone is returning an item for no reason because this is set out in there refund policy, it is on the back of the receipt usually and says things like this does not affect your statutory rights.

The screenshots I have seen in this thread clearly document service which is faulty, or not provided to specification and therefore the argument above is invalid, and therefore I would suggest that you offer a refund in Good Faith to those who want a refund, giving everyone for example 7 days to claim a refund and after the 7 days your new refund policy (which you are presumably writing now) comes into force which sets out the extra clauses.

This is only fair, they have agreed to no AUP/TOS/Refund policy and therefore you cannot claim they have not followed AUP/TOS or the refund policy because one did not exist, just issue the 2 or 3 people in this thread a refund in good faith, and then you can continue selling hosting here after creating a policy, you are thinking of the short term, when if you were serious about running a reliable host you would be thinking about the long term.

Hi,

Company policy is just what the owners does and doesn't want to do.

One man and his van delivery washing machines has a company policy, it won't be in writing, but it is how he wants to conduct his business.

Thanks,
Danny

^ just entered on the server and done speedtest and here is the result
Code:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1830138734.png

Hi Danny,
A store can charge a restocking fee, if someone is returning an item for no reason because this is set out in there refund policy, it is on the back of the receipt usually and says things like this does not affect your statutory rights.

The screenshots I have seen in this thread clearly document service which is faulty, or not provided to specification and therefore the argument above is invalid, and therefore I would suggest that you offer a refund in Good Faith to those who want a refund, giving everyone for example 7 days to claim a refund and after the 7 days your new refund policy (which you are presumably writing now) comes into force which sets out the extra clauses.

This is only fair, they have agreed to no AUP/TOS/Refund policy and therefore you cannot claim they have not followed AUP/TOS or the refund policy because one did not exist, just issue the 2 or 3 people in this thread a refund in good faith, and then you can continue selling hosting here after creating a policy, you are thinking of the short term, when if you were serious about running a reliable host you would be thinking about the long term.

Hi,

I agree with this, I have added the TOS to WHMCS, I can't offer 7 days, but I will put into place a 24 hour refund policy.

Thanks,
Danny

Sorry danny but legally speaking... you should have one.
Also just did a speedtest on one of your semi-dedicated servers rented by a friend here.
2k0JY.png

50/50 !!??

My home download speed is better:
10TYs.png

^ just entered on the server and done speedtest and here is the result
Code:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1830138734.png

Hi Amrt,

I agree that is not acceptable, can I ask what your VPS number is so I can verify this?

Thanks,
Danny

Sorry danny but legally speaking... you should have one.
Also just did a speedtest on one of your semi-dedicated servers rented by a friend here.
2k0JY.png

50/50 !!??

My home download speed is better:
10TYs.png

Hi,

Please can I have the VPS number so I can also perform a test.

Thanks,
Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back