Which Ecommerce platform for non programmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushharaf

Hi,

Which free ecommerce platform is good for non programmer's for small business

I recently installed opencart I liked it but I cannot find better theme which I can manage as non programmerprogrammer plz suggest me good platform for small business and easy to manage.

3 comments
Hi,

Which free ecommerce platform is good for non programmer's for small business

I recently installed opencart I liked it but I cannot find better theme which I can manage as non programmer plz suggest me good platform for small business and easy to manage.
What about magento can a non programmer mage this for small store?

Hi there!
I don't think Magento is a good choice given you're not a programmer. It is powerful, indeed, but their wish to pack it with features resulted in Magento's becoming a bit too monstrous. As a result- very resource-hungry, requiring a well-tuned VPS server - or it will be as slow as a snail.

I think Opencart is not a bad choice, it's more light-weight.

As X-Cart employee I am also tempted to recommend that you take a look at a free edition of X-Cart 5, because with this platform you will always be up-to-date ( the upgrades of a free lifetime license are free too, and the new versions are released quarterly). But it shines when you need a self-hosted solution that you will be able to customise wide and deep AND preserve the ability to upgrade the store easily, even a modified one. As a non-developer you probably won't appreciate this very feature. So I have something interesting up the sleeve to recommend you instead.

Take a look at Ecwid, especially if you already have a website - Ecwid is not a self-hosted platform but a widget that can be built in to almost any existing website in 5 minutes ( be it WP, Joomla, Drupal, Wix, Facebook page or dozens and dozens of other platforms/engines). And I LOVE their support.

Try Woo commerce and Magneto Needs Some Technical expertise and its for bigger Stores and Their Community edition is only free
i highly recommend Woo Commerce
If you want to pay monthly fee Try Shopify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back