Status
Not open for further replies.
A tip from me, is don't use video tutorials, until you get a grip of the language you'd like to learn how to code, most video tutorials, don't give you the experience of debugging your code, and checking what's wrong, and thinking how you could fix it and possibly recode it for better efficiency.

my point is that when you learn 1 language then your going to know pretty much how every language works. just have to learn the specifics.

If you learn C# any other C-based language will look familiar. However I'm pretty sure you'll still scratch your head when attempting to read Scheme, ASM, etc. Furthermore the 3 languages in your example work completely different. C# is statically typed and JIT-compiled, JS and PHP are dynamically typed and interpreted. They look alike and the logic is similar but that's about it. Especially JS is a lot different. Many people don't realize that it's a functional language while PHP and most other popular languages are imperative.

You can better start with C++, if you know that 100% then you can start with other codes example: C#.
(.NET is written in C)

Rule: Never learn VisualBasic. just a tip.

Unless he's going to write Crysis 3 there is no reason for him to learn C++. I know both and I can tell you that C/C++ is a big waste of time compared to C#. It takes ages to get stuff done in C++ and it has absolutely no benefits for normal apps. Even games will eventually move to C# (XNA).

When C++ came out people were still playing Pacman and typing commands in DOS. It isn't well adapted for today's rich GUI world. That's why we have C# and why most C++ devs have already moved to C#.

If you care about the inner workings of stuff then you need assembly and not C.

Lua is a scripting language. It's very good for scripting stuff. But that's really about it. For fancy GUI's, WPF (= C# + XAML) owns all.

People should realize that there's a big difference between scripting (js, php, python, lua, bash, etc) and actual programming (C/++/#, java, etc).

Yeah, I wish I could code in C/C#
Currently I'm just a freak in AMS.
I know its a scripting language, but in the AMS world it's used for coding.

Anyway, soon my new study will start and then I will learn C/C# dunno yet.

^ I can do lot of things with ams too.
Iam Freak in NeoBook :D
It is realy usefull tool, it saves lot of time if you know how to work with it :)
I know that is not real coding but...I can atleast make somethink :)
I like to learn some language too but can choose what language.I like to make apps and games but iam also interested in web world so i can choose does that will be c#, c++ and etc... or java,php and etc..
I need more time to choose what i whant more to do :)

If you want to go to web programming your first stop would be w3schools.com, it was my first stop. Learn first html, css, then php and mysql. It takes alot of time and mistakes to make.

Good luck!

Muabe i can join to your coder group but iam not sure.I dont feel like a coder.I like to be like hyperz and mraza you know every idea you have to be able to turn it on program or website.No limits just you and your fantasy.When i will be somethink like that i will be proid to call myself coder..for now i will be just one user... :)

you don't need much education, you just need much patience to get problems solved. you get educated in what you are doing, when you doing it =) a basic understanding of informatics is not a must have, maybe a plus when you start but however you learn this too. "Where there's a will, there's a way."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back