Using multiple domains to circumvent Google DMCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter South

So my website is a normal .com domain and over the last few months I've had repeated troubles with DMCA trolls successfully submitting a few illegitimate DMCA claims, specifically against URLs such as dynamic pages that lists all the site's post titles.

When I bought my .com domain I also purchased all the other similar domains such as .mobi .org .biz .net, etc. I could just set up 301 redirects and submit sitemaps for these other domains, however Google obviously is intelligent enough and picks up on this and only accepts the .com domains.

I could setup individual webservers for each of these domains and have each of them point to the same MySQL database server so that any changes made on one domain mirror changes made on all the others. However I'm not sure if Google will detect this or not.

So my question is, will Google accept all my URLs if I simply have 1 MySQL Database Server running with separate apache web-servers for each domain? Or do I need to go a little further and apply some CSS modifications to each of the apache web-servers to make the website's appearance different for Google to accept each of them?

3 comments
I maybe wrong about this but this is my view.

If you connect a single database to multiple domains, then the content will definitely be flagged as duplicate. I have seen warez forums using a single database flooded with some shit-ass autoposter on multiple domain. The guy used a single database and had installed different themes and few template modifications on each of the websites. He hosted them on a single server.

I don't know if Google came to know about this or not but definitely he would be successful in this or else he would've not continued. (This was 2 years ago).

So bottom line is you may try it out. Just do some template modifications to fool Google.

I maybe wrong about this but this is my view.

If you connect a single database to multiple domains, then the content will definitely be flagged as duplicate. I have seen warez forums using a single database flooded with some shit-ass autoposter on multiple domain. The guy used a single database and had installed different themes and few template modifications on each of the websites. He hosted them on a single server.

I don't know if Google came to know about this or not but definitely he would be successful in this or else he would've not continued. (This was 2 years ago).

So bottom line is you may try it out. Just do some template modifications to fool Google.

He could have just found other things that were better uses with his time, who knows.

But I did find one online dating site that seems to have scores of different domains each with slightly modified CSS themes that all appear to be pointing to the same database. Below are four examples of this site which I think has dozens of various domain names and from what I can tell their DNS all points to the same exact IP address:

adultfriendfinder.com
datenation.com
freshauditionsdating.com
hotmatch.com

So I'l give this a shot and will let you all know what I find :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back