Status
Not open for further replies.

mp3show

Hello.

i wanting to make a RSS feed from a directory on a webserver. how would i go about doing this? i want the rss to basically throw out the folder name only and possibly post this onto a IPB forum

any help would be great

11 comments
im unsure on the differance.

which would be best suited to what i need?,as i mentioned, all i need it to do is read from a certain folder or folders, Grab the folder title and the folder contents, then post this on a IPB forum.

1. static = it doesn't change by itself - also you have to edit it by hand
2. dynamic = the script updates it automaticlly

also:

with this function you can read the folders/direcories:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.readdir.php

and then just echo the contents into the xml rss template. ;)

EDIT: doesn't IPB forum already have a build-in rss?

Last edited:
IPB does yes have a built in RSS, but id need an xml to enter into the IPB rss settings. so i need a XML coming from the folder,

ive never personally worked with rss so i have no clue about it. do you have any templates to which i could use / edit?

thanks t3od0r, that seems to have got me moving however im now faced with this error

Warning: DOMDocument::save(test.xml) [domdocument.save]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/class.array2xml2array.php on line 126 line

126 reads

if ($this->doc->save($XMLFile) == 0){

i assume its tryingt o save to a folder it doesnt have permission to. if this is the case how would i alter the folder inwhich it saves?

well i now have it creating the xml :), but the import to the IPB board fails withy this error

Validation Results for
· HTTP Status Code: 200 ()
· The RSS feed's charset is utf-8.
· We could not find any changes in the RSS feed (nothing to import). If you believe you received this in error, please contacting the site that serves the feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back