Please help me / google crawler

Status
Not open for further replies.

abood3d

Hi

During the development of my wordpress site, i forgot to check the box to tell search engine crawlers not to index my site. after it was completed i saw that google indexed a lot of sample pages and temporary tags... I went to google webmaster tools and requested url delete from cache and temporary hide on all those URLs. now the main address is indexed example.com, when i want to request to delete the cache, it says : This will remove all Google Search results for all pages on the website for at least 90 days.
what does it mean? means that if i do that google wont show me on search engine for 90 day?

And now what can i do to tell google to index again my site? now that it's complete. some of the pages are the same as before. should i take them out of webmaster url deletion? or google will index again if i ask for it.
i'm desperately in need. would really appreciate it if anyone could help.
thanks in advance

3 comments
1) Use a good sitemap plugin, ensure while generating the sitemap you remove all unnecessary stuff - tags, author posts etc.
2) Proceed to generate a .xml and .html (Human Readable) sitemap
3) Login to Google Webmasters page
4) Go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/googlebot-fetch and fetch your sitemap
5) Re-submit your entire site

Wait for few days and Google will re-index your site as per the contents on sitemap. You can also use a good SEO plugin like All in One SEO to ensure all unwanted stuff are kept as nofollow (so Google will not index them).

1) Use a good sitemap plugin, ensure while generating the sitemap you remove all unnecessary stuff - tags, author posts etc.
2) Proceed to generate a .xml and .html (Human Readable) sitemap
3) Login to Google Webmasters page
4) Go to google.com/webmasters/tools/googlebot-fetch and fetch your sitemap
5) Re-submit your entire site

Wait for few days and Google will re-index your site as per the contents on sitemap. You can also use a good SEO plugin like All in One SEO to ensure all unwanted stuff are kept as nofollow (so Google will not index them).
Thank you very much. The thing is, according to what you explained there's no need to remove those pages from deletion? i mean if i requested a deletion on webmaster tools for example.com/test, and now that's hidden and deleted from search result. what i'm gonna do is to make an xml sitemap and introduce it to google, google will automatically indexes the url that i previously asked to hide,am i right?
Thanks in advance

Correct, it will. Max is Google will show a 404 error, use Xenu to find out what pages link to it and remove the reference from those pages and mark the 404 errors as fixed in Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back