Phishing | How to not fall into Phishing tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenith

Phishing | How to not fall into Phishing tricks
1.What is phishing?
phishing is the criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and cred2.it card.
or
Phisher is something that looks like a login page(a fake login page), that writes the username and the password to a file, or does whatever you want.
2.how does it works?
Phishing is typically carried out by e-mail or instant messaging,and it often directs users to enter details at a fake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one.
if the victim enters his username and password then it will be mailed to the owners email id or the username and password will be saved in a text(.txt) file.
3.how does phishing looks?
as i said phishing page is fake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one.
here is the demo page. click here
here I’m using yahoo mail phishing page for the article.
its just a demo .. Please do not enter your real id n password.
Method used by hackers to send phishing page
1.usually they send you the link of the page by email.the link will be hided by a short url.
2.by instant message.
3.it can be a misspelled domain.
4. on different forums .. link is anchored with the fake page link.
5.sending you link by a yahoo related id.
4.How can i check that the site is a phishing page?
1.check the link of the page it will be related to mail or the site name(yahoo) or they may also use mail services domain names.
2.view source of the page
3.Do a search in the source for the word “method†(without quotes).
4.Your result should be something like : method=â€get†(if method=â€post†then its not a phisher)
5.Now do a search for the word “action†(without quotes). action is usually very close to method so you may not even have to do a search for it.
6.You should see something like this: action=â€anyfile.php†(if action=â€mail.yahoo.com/… then its not a phisher)
Note: This article is for knowledge purpose only.Please do not enter your real id n password in the phishing page.
If you like the article please comment on my blog w3capps.info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back