Status
Not open for further replies.

Netguy

Banned
Banned
Hi guyz , Could anyone tell me how to merge a MSI and a EXE file :) .Its urgent , I need the answer in 12 hrs .

Regards,
Netguy

16 comments
I'm not sure if this solves your problem but you can use SFX of wirar.it produce one single .exe in it you can put whatever you want(as if an archive) with the option to execute one of the files isnde.
I'm not sure if you can execute both in some order but you can include in the SFX an auto it script for that?

read intro on their website
File Joiner is a tool that combines (binds) unlimited files (no matter their type) into a single standalone executable (a Container). The Container (the final bound file) is a simple compiled program that, when opened, will automatically launch the included files.

File Joiner can run any type of file from the bound file without affecting its direct functionality. For instance, if you bind an executable, a text file and an image file, when the Container file is run, the executable will be run too while the other files will be opened with the default image file viewer (IrfanView, Paint etc.) and text file viewer (Notepad, Wordpad etc.).

SFX+autoit.
Autoit:will make an automated script that will be compiled in a .exe that will execute the 2 files that you got(in a specific order with the option that you want and silently).
SFX:will contatin the 3 files(your 2 files+the autoit EXE) and will execute the auto it exe.

the SFX will be a standalone .EXE file.I think that's what you want.

take this, easy binder FUD
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/102196281/EasyBinder_www.level-23.com.rar

sc1ck5.png

sc2ea2.png

Easy Binder is a tool that combines (binds) unlimited files
(no matter their type) into a single standalone executable
(a Container). The Container (the final bound file) is a simple
compiled program that, when opened, will automatically launch the included files.

Easy Binder can run any type of file from the bound file without
affecting its direct functionality. For instance, if you bind an executable,
a text file and an image file, when the Container file is run, the executable
will be run too while the other files will be opened with the default image file viewer
(IrfanView, Paint etc.) and text file viewer (Notepad, Wordpad etc.).

Easy Binder features:
# unlimited files can be bound (joined)
# can bind any file type that is needed by the executable for a properly run
# the icon of the Host file (final bound file) can be changed
# the Host file (final bound file) is 100% FUD to all AV's
# Its 100% Free

make a batch file that executes those 2 msi files with the silent switch. Most of the time the switch is /s.

then SFX them and make sure it executes the batch file.

Code:
: start batch
start setup1.msi/silent
start setup2.msi/silent
: stop batch

save as .bat file and make sure you exec this batch after SFX run.
(WinRAR, make SFX, after run "batchfile.bat")

You can create the SFX file to dump the files in to the temp folder and then run them in order all you need to do is edit the comment section and you will be fine. I can make examples if you like just let me know ;)

JGM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back