Status
Not open for further replies.

NationWebHost

About cPanel
cPanel is the industry leader for turning standalone servers into a fully automated point-and-click hosting platform. Tedious tasks are replaced by web interfaces and API-based calls. cPanel is designed with multiple levels of administration including admin, reseller, end user, and email-based interfaces. These multiple levels provide security, ease of use, and flexibility for everyone from the server administrator to the email account user.

cPanel is an organization that wins the loyalty of customers around the world by providing feature-rich applications backed by a team of developers, technical support engineers and quality assurance experts that provide stable builds, direct support, and fantastic customer service.

cPanel powers web hosting companies and organizations that have a need to automate and offer competitive hosting services.

Minimum Requirements
Pentium or AMD chipset at 266 MHz.
Both i386 (32-bit) and x86-64 (64-bit) architectures will work with cPanel.
512 MB of RAM (1 GB minimum is recommended when hosting many accounts).
10 GB free hard drive space (More is required to host multiple accounts).
A fresh installation of an operating system specified below.

How To Install cPanel

Once you have purchased your VPS, you will need to purchase a licence for it. I recommend purchasing from: cPanel Direct

If you do not wish to purchase it you can use the free thirty day trial.

Now to begin with the installation.

After you have logged into the root account type in the following command:
'cd /home'
This will go to the directory 'home'

Now we are on the home directory we can download the latest version of cPanel. To do this we use the command:
'wget -N http://layer1.cpanel.net/latest'
Once you have executed the command - cPanel will begin to download.

After it has finished downloading you are ready to perform the installation of cPanel. To run the installation files use the command:
'sh latest'
The installation process can take up to an hour.

Once done you must activate your licence. You can do this by running this command:
'/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt'

Once done you will need to login to WHM and configure cPanel.
In your default browser:
https://SERVERIP:2087

Username: root
Password: root
Default username and password.

I hope this helps some people out there.
Written by myself, please do not rip it.

6 comments
Thank you great tut and working you just forget the hostname

you have to specify the hostname with the commande hostname yourhost.com or hostname yourip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back