How File Sharings Sites Offer Storage at Such Lower Cost

ravim

If Im talking about lower cost for storage - Files Sharing Websites on WJ hits the EXTREME. Google, Alibaba or Microsoft combined will so scared to offer this kind of dirt-cheap pricing.

How is that possible? How they survived? Not only that some of making millions per year? If we are going on comparison just with Mega.nz VS ddownload.com

Mega offers 16TB for like $32 PM where ddownload.com offers Unlimited for $10 PM
Mega offers free storage for the referral. Ddownload.com offers 50% sharing.
Fuck I can't go long.

ANd it's not about ddownload.com or FileEver.net or others here. Everybody here offers something beyond imagination. How do you guys manage the costs? Did you put the storage at your house or back yeared or something? How do you pull over the cost and expenses? Is that even possible to cover up all cost from a Files Sharing Website?

Wit for answers and suggestions?

7 comments
My AV hasn't pinged 20 times when visiting a page on Mega before so I would be more inclined to buy an account and share things with friends or backup files. Many other hosts use malware ridden advertisements for an income targeting downloads. Both sites target different niches.

Last edited:
If Im talking about lower cost for storage - Files Sharing Websites on WJ hits the EXTREME. Google, Alibaba or Microsoft combined will so scared to offer this kind of dirt-cheap pricing.

How is that possible? How they survived? Not only that some of making millions per year? If we are going on comparison just with Mega.nz VS ddownload.com

Mega offers 16TB for like $32 PM where ddownload.com offers Unlimited for $10 PM
Mega offers free storage for the referral. Ddownload.com offers 50% sharing.
Fuck I can't go long.

ANd it's not about ddownload.com or FileEver.net or others here. Everybody here offers something beyond imagination. How do you guys manage the costs? Did you put the storage at your house or back yeared or something? How do you pull over the cost and expenses? Is that even possible to cover up all cost from a Files Sharing Website?

Wit for answers and suggestions?
Me also intrested

@ravim We have kidnaped @Tango and created massive datacenter in his basement :D

Now being completly honest with you. No one offers unlimited storage to everyone. It's nothing more than just marketing. Go upload 100TB to ddownload and you will see their reaction. Of course video hosts and file hosts claim to offer unlimited storage but truth is that we don't no one ever is able to offer unlimited storage even google. All of those marketing is being targeted at website owners who brings views / downloads you allow them to consume as much as they want since they bring good profit.

ok.. take as a round-up 10TB for each Free user. So if there is like 20K people and they eats 200000TB storage. Even if you marked 90 days expire (Evey one has diff so I took half of storage use) then must be 100000TB storage always your system needs. (leave those 300TB guys) mean 100PB cost you like $2594816 this much will charge you by AWS. I don't know about you guys. Enlight me please.. @PlayTube

ok.. take as a round-up 10TB for each Free user. So if there is like 20K people and they eats 200000TB storage. Even if you marked 90 days expire (Evey one has diff so I took half of storage use) then must be 100000TB storage always your system needs. (leave those 300TB guys) mean 100PB cost you like $2594816 this much will charge you by AWS. I don't know about you guys. Enlight me please.. @PlayTube

Here comes facts. You'll never achieve 20k uploaders who will upload that much..

Back