Hosting Websites from your DropBox account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froomple

There are a lot of ways to host your website using DropBox. Most simple way is to create a public folder and upload your static website and use the URL to test your website live. There are tools/websites that does this for you.

1. Brace.io

Brace is the new way to host your website. We believe that website hosting shouldn't be complicated. With Brace, updating your website is as simple as saving files in Dropbox. Brace gives you two versions of your website, a Draft version and a Production version. The Draft is for iteration and collaboration. The Production version is optimized for performance and scale.
Brace | The new way to host websites

2. DropPages

DropPages is an web application that connects to your Dropbox account to create a site for you. The benefit of using DropPages is that it does not restrict any space usage like KISSr and gives you a subdomain (yourname.droppages.com) to access your site. Follow the steps below to create your website with DropPages.
Welcome to My.DropPages - My.DropPages

3. PanCake

Pancake is the easiest way to create and maintain a web page.
All you need to do is create a text file, and save it into the special Pancake folder in your Dropbox account. We'll turn that file into a web page for you.The best part? Updating your page is as easy as opening the text file up in Notepad, TextEdit or your favorite text editor, making the changes you want, and saving the file. Your website gets updated automatically.
Pancake.io

4. Kissr

KISSr is a service that lets you host static websites using Dropbox as a web host. The advantage of KISSr over other competitors discussed in this article is that it lets you register and use a proper custom domain name instead of using sub-domains or long URLs. Just go to KISSr site, enter the name you want for your site (you’ll need to start with a sub-domain) and then click on the big Try it button.
KISSr - Dropbox Web Hosting

Last edited:
5 comments
Wow super cool sharing. <3

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much froomple for sharing this helpful stuff with us!!
4d7.gif

Its Really a nice TUT

It will help users who dont have money and want to test their websites :)

Thanks Froomple i will also try it for sure

and what about page rank and alexa rank, are these sites capted by them?

Hosting on temporary solutions like these are only for experimental/testing purposes. Not sure why would you want to know about Alexa or Page rank, on a website that'll be hosted on DropBox.
If you are serious about website ranking, go for a webhost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back