Hide Server Ip when Sending Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOST_FRIEND59

Hi,

I was trying to use Contact Us form auto responder. when I click on submit it sent a Automatic Email

but when I checked the headers of the Email, it had my server Ip address, the Username I am using on the server to login into cpanel.

I have heard that we can protect this using SMTP. I checked and found many companies which can help me do this but i have no idea how to do this.
is there any free option to this ?

7 comments
Hi,

I was trying to use Contact Us form auto responder. when I click on submit it sent a Automatic Email

but when I checked the headers of the Email, it had my server Ip address, the Username I am using on the server to login into cpanel.

I have heard that we can protect this using SMTP. I checked and found many companies which can help me do this but i have no idea how to do this.
is there any free option to this ?
You can send via a free email provider like gmail, yahoo, etc. They generally strip our your IP address from the SMTP headers. However you obviously won't be able to use your own domain name for free.

If you want your own domain name, there's not really a good way to prevent people from seeing your server IP (even reliable email delivery systems like Mandrill and SendGrid will still show your IP). In general you shouldn't assume that your server IP is private information. Can you clarify what you're trying to do that needs server IP to be private?

i want my Ip to be hidden to prevent DDOS attack. I had been a victim on massive ddos, now I am under cloduflare so I want to keep ip hidden.

I found a way, I will buy web hosting from some cheap provider then add a subdomain and map that subdomain using DNS
then use contact.domain.com on my website and it will hide the server Ip and the user will get the ip address of that cheap hosting instead of my Dedicated server

i suppose you use some kind of postfix your server connects, to send your mails?

you can try setting up your own ddos-protected mail-server (a vps from ovh should do this)
and remove the headers within postfix (just google this, there are a few tutorials)

this probably will take about one hour to setup - i suppose.

edit
whops. should have finished reading the last post >.< sorry. Can be removed.

Buy a cheap VPS, install a mailserver and dns, change your MX record to use the new server and voila.

This is generally an optimum solution even for cased when your webserver is down, you could send out mail updates from your mail server.

An alternative to that is Zoho mail, which gives you a Google Apps kinda deal for free for one domain.

You can use a 3rd party relay provider, there are many free if you send low amount of emails. MandrillApp gives 2k emails/mo free and up to 25k for $9.95

The Most simple way is to put the contact form files on other hosting (a copy) & make the submit form button submit to the other site.

<form action="http://other-site-with-contact-form-files/submit.php" >

Like was mentioned, you can always just use a VPS, or ask your provider to provide you a secondary range or IP for use in mailing. If you are mailing you will show your IP address. Also, make sure your DKIM, SPF and RDNS match your mail server domain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back