[Help] Please, help with installation of Rapidleech on my VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyup910

Hello,

can someone help me installed RL on VPS thats has:
Debian 6 + Webmin/ruTorrent (64-bit)
Fully pre-configured with LAMP, Webmin control panel, and rTorrent+ruTorrent GUI.

I tried tutorials and I'm stuck by all this. My first VPS and I am still clueless. I got Skype and TeamViewer if anyone can lend some time.

Best regards,

cowboyup910

18 comments
Thanks for the help.

Code:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2377912_install-rapidleech.html

By the way I don't have cPanel and I do know how to google.

Hello,

ok, my VPS had a custom Linux template with RL.

I entered a location where downloaded files should be saved and now I get an error. I tried giving permissions to the location but still nothing.

Any suggestions?

capturesa.png

capture2ga.png

Are you logged in as "root" in ftp? If you aren't, login as root via ssh and go to the Rapidleech folder and do "chmod 777 Downloads". Also whats the user/usergroup of those files? That may also be a problem.

Hello,

ok through putty I made directory :

Code:
mkdir /files/rapidleech/downloads
chmod 777 /files/rapidleech/downloads

Now when I enter browser xxx.xxxx.xxxx/index.php I still get the message:

Code:
[B]files/Rapidleech/Downloads/ is selected as your download path and it is not writable. Please chmod it to 777[/B]

Hello,

No luck with preinstalled RL template from VPS. So I will re-install OS and start all over.

Any one have a recommendation on which OS with the simplest installation.

Thanks

Thanks, but now I'm at the point where I want to start over. The template for RL from VPS might have some issues and no way for me to know. So I want to start over, with a fresh OS. Suggestions?

chmod config folder and the file.list in the config folder to 777 - if you want help, I can skype with ya and teamview and try. I'm not an expert, but I've done it a few times. <-- thats what she said. lol

in config.php, your download folder is configured as : "/Rapidleech/Downloads/"

while your real folder is named "/rapidleech/downloads"

change the downloads folder configuration to use lowercase.

tell if it works.

Hello,

can someone help setup some plugins for downloading links from FS, FSC and RS.

This is what I get when I added a FS link:

d63f1b.png

When I enter a Rapidshare link:

c27bbe.png

Thank in advance,

cowboyup910

I've just installed rapidleech onto my seedbox and it looks like everything went fine. but i believe the folder i chose as the default downloads folder doesn't have write permission. I've used cuteftp to chmod the directory to 777 and even tried putty but i still get the same rapidleech screen that says i still need to change it. does anyone know how i can change the download folder to something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back