Help - How to mount Second HDD on CentOS5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheetah

pls some help me.

I have a server with Centos 5.2 and lxadmin installed.
the server contains 2x250gb hdd. lxadmin shows only 1 hdd. when asked the DC, they told that I have to mount it.My server is self-managed. but I dont know how to mount. someone pls help me.
all my site resides on /home/username ( default of lxadmin) . I want to use the second hdd space to in it. so that my websites can take whole 2 hdd space with out changing the document roots ( without changing /home/username to something else)

pls give me step by step commands to do in the SSH terminal.
I have root access.
pls also say what modification to be done on fstab file to make the mount permenant so that upon reboot of server there will not be any problem

2 comments
here is a 4 month reply
first of all if you were to of done this properly, you should of RAID the two harddrives
but since you did not (and you can no longer do so, without reinstalling the OS)

# ssh root@server.com
# fdisk -l
find your second harddrive in the list, should be something like /dev/sdb or some shit
#mount /dev/sdb /somewhere/you/want

you cannot add it to your home directory, if it's not empty
you can add it to a user subdirectory, or a new user
the key point, is that the directory has to be empty

the most use for this harddrive i recommend is putting it as a backup drive
mount it to /home/backups
and thow all your backups to it

if you want apache to write to it, or however lxadmin works
you must add the software user id and give them at least group access to the drive

here is my finding. if u want to use both hdd for site usage , instead of using second hdd as backup . u hav to install whm/cpanel , or u must be expect with apache and other things so that u can avoid lxadmin and make customised root folders; ie what whm doing /home ; /home2 etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back