Status
Not open for further replies.
19 comments
How did Beirn take their domain? .com is American and they can't confiscate it. The only thing they can do is take the server. They may be able to confiscate a dot com domain is if the person lived in the Netherlands I don't know.

I'd say they only took the server and that's why it looks like that. All they have to do is move host. If they update the nameservers to the new host then everything will be fine with one or two days of downtime. That's what I'm hoping and thinking anyway.

Maybe lose a few posts depending on how old a backup is but nothing too serious to worry about.

How did Beirn take their domain? .com is American and they can't confiscate it. The only thing they can do is take the server. They may be able to confiscate a dot com domain is if the person lived in the Netherlands I don't know.

I'd say they only took the server and that's why it looks like that. All they have to do is move host. If they update the nameservers to the new host then everything will be fine with one or two days of downtime. That's what I'm hoping and thinking anyway.

Maybe lose a few posts depending on how old a backup is but nothing too serious to worry about.

am glad the site is now back. but if the domain wasnt taken, how come the ip address associated with the domain changed? i checked with whois and got a new ip when it was taken over. site was still loading with old ip but domain was directed to the Brein ip. i still dont understand what actually happened. may be hd-united wil give an explanation soon

That HD-UNiT3D is redirecting to BREIN’s homepage is both worrying and suspicious. Previously, BREIN simply asked the hosting providers to take the sites down or face the legal consequences. This is the first time that they appear to have gained some level of control over a domain, an action that is usually only taken by the authorities and not a private anti-piracy group. Whether this is the result of old-fashioned pressure or something else will remain to be seen.
Shit that's pretty much what I said earlier that they never take over domains. This is really worrying news if they can take over a .com domain. If the owner of this site doesn't live in the Netherlands then I've no idea how they managed to confiscate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back