Do You Allow People to Advertise their site on your site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilGenius

Hi,

What i actually mean is.

Posting Links with other site name and/or password.

Myself @ WZ I only allow sites which allow me post on their site.

And one point of making this thread was to increase my list of sites where I post and along with that help others too..

Comments .. ?

22 comments
I don't see a point of doing it if it doesn't bring me any value. For example, if I run a blog I might make some agreements - o exchange links with other blog and etc. Then yes, why not? It's a dublex benefit. Also, it might bring financial value as well - for example, participating in affiliate programs. However, if I see spammy links coming to my website, I always put them into trash or mark as a spam. You should do this as well. There's no point of keeping them as it only might distarct your visitors from your site.

From a warez point I don't mind if another site/forum is mentioned in the context of a conversation or a passing reply such as xyz is down or up whichever the case may be. most forums have a section for link collection and is usually reserved for links to sites that will benefit it's members eg: MP3Juices - Free MP3 Downloads however in general such things as referral links etc are not permitted. And ofc spammy posts & PM spamming/recruiting for other sites should always be discouraged.

As for advertising some sites allow paid advertising & or advertising a sister site or a friends site on their own blog/forum which I don't find anything wrong in doing so.

Allowing posts that have links with the site name and/or password is generally accepted, however I don't allow users from another board eg: WBB to use WBB d/load image buttons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back