Status
Not open for further replies.

my123world

Ok So, wJ is a very big forum & the mods here have to almost check every new thread posted to see whether the thread abides by the rules. Sometimes 2 mods check the same thread its just a waste of time. I was on vB.org this morning & found this hack, which will make things easy for The Moderators -

Code:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=275409

Why not try it? ;)

18 comments
We have an awesome hack already, it's called the report button. Use it and you'll save us big time checking every thread :).

Hello,

yes all boards should have that installed because that way admin knows what mod "checked" a thread and other mods don't have to re-check something. I'm sure many boards already use this.

Best regards,

cowboyup910

We only need to moderate the "spammy ones", not the whole site. I know you're trying to help and I appreciate it, but we don't need another hack, the report button has been working great for the last few years. :)

@cowboy - This is a newly released hack so i dont think many use it already. This would definitely decrease the work-load of the Moderators :)

@Mr-R-T -> This is way better than the report button ;) & more useful too.

Hello,

oh I'm thinking of another one. I think its called "moderation mode" for moderators which if enabled, will mark a thread/post as "checked" therefore not requiring a 2nd, 3rd or 4th look by other mods.

This isn't the same as unapproved threads that are not visible to the board but rather a mod tool for moderators.

I moderated one board, that didn't have this kind of tool and there's no telling what mod checked what. I don't know about you but I wouldn't wanna re-check every thread, especially if another mod has checked it.

PS, this should be placed in the VB section not WJ as this is useful for every VB board not just WJ.

Best regards,

cowboyup910

Nobody goes checking threads on his own guys, we deal with reports and stuff we catch surfing the site. We're not bots checking every thread and post everyday.

A hack for moderators? Why are they already there in the staff? Its there job to find out every thread that contains spams or doesn't abide by the rules. It is not always possible for the mods to check every post so for that report button is there which is applicable for everyone.

Well that hack is used to post the marks which is not useful though.

Ok So, wJ is a very big forum & the mods here have to almost check every new thread posted to see whether the thread abides by the rules. Sometimes 2 mods check the same thread its just a waste of time. I was on vB.org this morning & found this hack, which will make things easy for The Moderators -

Code:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=275409

Why not try it? ;)

That hack for vb4 not vb3.

Hello,

oh I'm thinking of another one. I think its called "moderation mode" for moderators which if enabled, will mark a thread/post as "checked" therefore not requiring a 2nd, 3rd or 4th look by other mods.

This isn't the same as unapproved threads that are not visible to the board but rather a mod tool for moderators.

I moderated one board, that didn't have this kind of tool and there's no telling what mod checked what. I don't know about you but I wouldn't wanna re-check every thread, especially if another mod has checked it.

PS, this should be placed in the VB section not WJ as this is useful for every VB board not just WJ.

Best regards,

cowboyup910

No you are thinking of the same one, it is the same hack that is in place at RR.

@cowboy - This is a newly released hack so i dont think many use it already. This would definitely decrease the work-load of the Moderators :)

No it is not. This hack has been around for a long time on vb3 and has been ported over to vb4. As for decreasing work load I highly doubt it, only specific sections have specific rules (Marketplace, Hosting etc) this hack is mostly used on warez forums where there are tons of rules regarding posting, searching and merging etc etc.

Here at WJ it would be a waste of time and effort just to install it.

I may be wrong but i think it's called a plugin not a hack

Two different names for the same thing dude (y)

JGM.

I think its not a hack if you can download something and install it and adjust it to suit your needs
its a plugin/add on
also i doubt they would label the forum with these kinds of "hacks/plugins" As "hacks"

Aahh.. now a days suggesting something too has become a pain in teh ass... If its not good then fine u dont need to crucify me for suggesting. This was simply a small suggestion to help the staff moderate the community better. NOTHING ELSE!

Aahh.. now a days suggesting something too has become a pain in teh ass... If its not good then fine u dont need to crucify me for suggesting. This was simply a small suggestion to help the staff moderate the community better. NOTHING ELSE!

We know and we thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back