Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard drive sounds currupt

how new is the laptop (if new check for sata drivers)
if old (try another hard drive!)

If that dont work get a bootable distro of linux boot it up go into a partition manager and scan the hdd the format it as NTFS.. restart and then install fresh

The laptop is quiet old tbh, soley used to surf the net that's about it. :\ I have about 3 0r 4 other pcs I use for maximum performance and gaming etc...

e9b520a93d.jpg

Dell Inspiron 600m

Download XP live disc, copy system file and system text doc from another comp and put on a stick, boot to the disc, replace file from usb stick, and restart, removing live disc, it should work then.

damn sounds confusing and I don't have a usb stick, I ony use external hdds to store data etc.. :|

ok in the right hand side there should be a case you can pull out!

there might be a small screw under the laptop on the right hand side!

if you unskew that you should be abble to feel like a grip where the screw was and pull out the hard drive!

after the hard drive is out try the windows cd again to see if you get past the error!

It sounds like a corrupt file system, try doing what lite said and getting something like PartedMagic live CD and re formatting the file system to NTFS.

ok got the hard drive out , testing windows Cd ... no error after removing the hard drive, but cant proceed with installation with out it in of course. :|

Ok then you need to get a live cd and do a fill format of the HDD due to theres prob way to many bad sectors!

theres an AIO pc repair kit out there forgot what its called but i think its summat likeboot master or summat daft that has lots of tools!

put HDD in again and try once more other than that get tool cd and full scan and repair HDD

otherwise new hard drive from shop

could someone be as kind to direct me to the download of that live cd so i can follow these steps to fix my laptop ? I just don't want to waist my time looking for the incorrect cd, and hit a dead end. :|

fucked up memory bro. if this is related to another thread by you that stated you kept getting random BSOD's - then i would do a memory check.

When you get the "boot normally, safemode" menu, there is a function key you can press to get to a memory test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back