Status
Not open for further replies.
He provided top outputs above. Don't you see iowait?

I'm not trying to be smart. I'm actually smart enough to read the top output. Have you read the Linux bible? You definitely should :)

I don't need to read books :) leave it because I don't know what kind of virtualization you are using and you don't know about our setup.

The problem is what causing the high IO on this particular cloud server while other cloud servers are working perfectly fine.

when posting in my wordpress site, when i click the Publish button to post the article, most of the time it takes about 20-30 seconds to load and to publish the article.

does anybody have an idea why does it take that long?

sorry im noob, but what do you mean by configuration? the specs, os?

btw

can those spammer slow my wordpress site. the one whose making comments on every article linking to another site?

they have regular schedule when to put comments in my site and it could take up to 200+ comments in moderation in a day.

Last edited:
@xiona_marie i was having same problem with very slow publishing, and i removed all plugins and activated them one by one again, it is now much better, although i didn't roll back all plugins, some of them were useless. In my particular case W3 Total Cache was causing the problems.

You are all forgetting that the top command shows wait time for disk access. It is not because of any other reason than on that drive it is bad, almost full or overutilized.. SO when post is issued it has to wait for the record to be written to the drive...

You are all forgetting that the top command shows wait time for disk access. It is not because of any other reason than on that drive it is bad, almost full or overutilized.. SO when post is issued it has to wait for the record to be written to the drive...

Exactly ;)

it seems that removing W3 Total Cache does helps a lot. but still there are always time in a day that i can feel my site is very slow and even checking it in www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com it says my site down but actually its up but it only loads slow.

if anyone can recommend other VPS provider so i can have options to choose from

thanks!

There is more to that message showing the file wanting the memory. Is it always the same file or different??

Use top as suggested to see what programs are using most memory. It usually is mysql unless you have a poorly written script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back