Unexpected Indexing of 20K+ Foreign Language Pages on My Google Search Console

SeoStream

Hello wjunction Community,
I've encountered a perplexing issue with my Google Search Console and would greatly appreciate any insights or advice from the community. Recently, I observed that over 20,000 pages have been indexed under my domain. However, these pages are in Japanese or Chinese, and I do not have such content on my website. Additionally, these pages appeared to be indexed in just one day, and I cannot find any trace of them in my cPanel.
Here are the key details:
site:professionnels-btp.com
  1. Unexpected Indexed Pages: More than 20,000 pages in Japanese or Chinese have been indexed on Google Search Console under my domain.
  2. Absence in cPanel: These pages do not exist in my website's file manager or directories as per my cPanel.
  3. Rapid Indexing: The indexing of these pages occurred rapidly, all within a single day.
Given these points, I am concerned about the following:
  • Could this be a sign of a security breach or hacking?
  • Is there a possibility of DNS or server misconfiguration leading to this issue?
  • Might there be an error in my setup of Google Search Console?
  • Could this be the result of automated bots or crawlers?
I am looking for guidance on how to approach and resolve this issue. Specifically:
  • How can I confirm the source of this problem?
  • What steps should I take to remove these pages from my Google Search Console and prevent future occurrences?
  • Are there specific tools or methods recommended for diagnosing such issues?
Any help or direction in this matter would be greatly appreciated, as I am eager to resolve this issue and ensure the security and integrity of my website.
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

1 comment
I wish I had an answer for you my friend. I feel your pain and it looks suspicious to me. I'll refrain from speculation though and wait for someone with more knowledge than me. Good luck though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back