Renaming Core Phrases in vBulletin to improve SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this tutorial :)

Will report back changes in traffic after two/three weeks.

I don't expect it to produce a noticeable change in traffic. It's one of a number of small things that when grouped together help improve your traffic.

Glad you liked it though.

whats the name of vb variable reponsible for displaying a thread title ?
The topic variable isn't passed into the bbcode template I'm afraid.

Thanks Mr Happy nice tutorial:)

Your welcome :)

Any other questions or problems with this simple little tutorial let me know.

The idea isn't specific to VB. I'm gonna apply it on my wp blog. Thanks for these nice SEO tips you've been giving lately.

Excellent point. You can do this on any site. I'd have applied the same principles of this to Mr-R-T's site HQ-Uploads.com a number of months ago.

Example:

3IQgZ.png

Posted by was replaced by Uploaded by as it's slightly better and more relevant to warez.

Same thing here by changing the core Search to Warez Search just to add more relevant keywords.

CZxdE.png

You can really use this as an example and go crazy renaming hundreds of core files. This topic is really only meant to get you thinking and started. People who understand it and are comfortable modifying templates can go crazy modifying core phrases.

Great point though and best of luck with your blog :)

Excellent point. You can do this on any site. I'd have applied the same principles of this to Mr-R-T's site HQ-Uploads.com a number of months ago.

Example:

3IQgZ.png

Posted by was replaced by Uploaded by as it's slightly better and more relevant to warez.

yea I did that on a few of my sites with words that were relevant and still made sense regarding my niche. It is a small thing but I think its worth the extra 10seconds.

ok thanks for the Insight sir H

by the way how do we go about the keyword "post"?

if there is no way to change a keyword do we need to add parameter and "ignore it" from google webmaster tools?

totally newbie to google web tools.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back