Question about SEOing Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janu thanks for suggestion bud but there is no need for dvdrip. Because lets say movie name is Death Race DVDRip - aXXO, as you can see there is already DVDRip in title so:

domain.com/download/death-race-dvdrip-axxo < Download + DVDRip tag. ;)

For posts its domain.com/download/name.html and category structure is domain.com/category/movies/dvdrip.

I'll work on keywords and other stuff, thanks guys!

Post URL : domain.com/download/%postname%.html
Post Title : %post-title% - One Link Movie Downloads [%post-title% may have something like this Sanctum 2011 R5 LiNE AC3 XViD-T0XiC-iNK]
Post Keywords & Description : Let it be selected randomly using some plugin (hint : Platinum SEO Plugin)

I'd consider whether you want to SEO categories at all. On my blog I specifically exclude TAG and CATEGORY pages from sitemap.xml because I found that google would index the tag/category but not the post itself, or the post was found to be less relevant and displayed farther down the list of search results.

This lead to users clicking on my link in the google search result only to be coming to a page that was not completely relevant to what they were looking for. Personally, when I search I don't want to visit the site just to have to search again because I didn't land on the post itself.

same here, i even have my categories on noindex, follow and tags to noindex, nofollow. although i might be wrong as im still learning bit by bit about SEO myself.

do a bit of research
how many people search for dvdrip+movie name and how many search for just movie name.
Check the competition for both keywords (and more possible ones) and then select the right keyword.
Sometimes its not good to go with the keyword that gets highest searches because it may end you up nowhere in google (because of high competition).
Target keywords that have optimum search queries (4k-6k per month) and are not too competitive.
Think of it like this - if you target these 4k users per month, you can cash in a lot.
On the other side if you go with a keyword that has 200k searches a month and lot of competition you may or may not end up anywhere near the 1k mark.

Do your homework before starting your work on any keyword.

All the best :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back