[HELP] Site Problem - Domain - WP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDoS

have a site running in a free domain and hosting. I use WordPress for my site and runs okay 'til yesterday, it won't load. I checked my hosting providers site and is still there, I checked my domain providers site, BOOM! its gone. My domain is gone. They remove it without notification.

My question is, how to transfer to a new domain? but first I want to import my site to XAMPP to check it's content before finally transferring it to a live domain.

Please help, I'm not an IT or something. :) Cheers!

2 comments
First priority is to get the backups: If you have something like phpmyadmin on the backend panel, download the database. If you also have something like a "File Explorer/Manager" or any GUI for managing your files on the hosting provider, try to compress the root directory (where WP is installed) into an archive like *.zip or *.tar.gz

Alternatively, you can get the site files using an FTP client provided that you have an FTP account on the said hosting provider.

Then you'd need to update your WP database. I remember doing this manually but forgot which was which since I was using additional custom database tables, but there are plugins like this as well as guides like this for migrating to a new domain. Note that I never used any plugins out there so I can't really vouch if they really work.

Finished backing up files and phpmyadmin, how to update database? I recently acquire a new domain.

Question, is it okay not to make a new account in my hosting provider? My account is registered to my old/gone domain. If so, how to point my current account to my new domain?
Thank you.

EDIT: I can't seem to follow the links you provided cause I can't access my site. Domain removed.

P.S. Not good at English. Sorry!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back