Google giving penalties to sites with lots of DMCAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

reneefr

Hi all,

I just read this torrentfreak article about Google giving a huge penalty to torrent sites, and, apparently, from what I could gather, yeah, pirate sites are hit, from a bit to very hard, receiving less visitors than before.

I'm partly in that situation, not caring a whole lot (it's not my job, it's not my source of income, so the pressure is low), but, still, providing hosting and being vaguely co-admin of a site, so it's a case of pride and curiosity. In my case, an adult site with, as a side dish (not the main point of the site, and not placed forward) a discussion forum. While the main site doesn't cause DMCAs, the forum is open to submissions and has a sharing sub-section, with bots posting JAV stuff : and these forum posts are causing hundreds of DMCAs (like 700 last year). Those DMCA notices aren't sent to the domain's owners, not sent through the contact field (same person), not sent to the abuse dept of the site's web host (who'd forward it to me), they're directly sent to Google, to require that Google stops indexing precise pages.
And, what I noticed, at the beginning of October, was that the main site was receiving like 10 000 to 15 000 less visitors per day from Google's search results than before, almost half less. Took me a while to understand it was linked to the new policy against pirate sites and sites having DMCAs.

About this, would you know more, regarding certain precise points ?

- can a domain recover from this penalization, if the domain stops causing Google to receive DMCAs ?

- actually, I'm not even sure about how to treat those DMCAs (none was sent to the admins, I imagine the notices are bot-processed) if the admin deletes the pages causing DMCA deindexation requests, is that enough to consider it a "case solved" ?

- in my personal case, I'm thinking of simply moving the discussion forum to a new domain and forget about it, do you think that would be enough to have Google lift the penalty imposed on the main site ?

Thanks if you've got info and advice to share, I'd love to know how to deal with this SERP penalty, how to make the domain "clean" again :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back