Does google page rank still get updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
17 comments
Google's internal pagerank score is constantly updated while their bots crawl for links, they only update the public pagerank every few months.

The public update is very late. Some say Google is trying to only update it once a year or they finally are deciding to get rid of it.

PR is used as a tie breaker in SERP now a days.

Correct they are getting rid of it which is why they are phasing it out. Read this post. http://www.wjunction.com/16-webmast...st-google-google-page-ranking.html#post831575

I made that post in May 2011. The agreement between Google and Stanford University and amended on the 13 October 2003 only gave them 10 years exclusive use of the patent. Google have use of the patent for the lifetime of the patent but their exclusive use ran out in September 2011 four months after I made the original post although it's unclear if they agreed a new exclusivity with the university. The amount they currently use it is unknown but expected to be insignificant if any. Either way it's in Googles best interests to get rid of pagerank.

Google used to update pr around every 3 months. But since Feb 2013 there is no update and I think Google might never update it and drop the service.

Last edited:
I always use google tool for checking page rank. I think google update several times in a month.

alexloxton i think you have written the statement mistakenly. Google has not updated the pr since February and no one knows when will happen next only predictions and perceptions are their to manipulate the industry.

search engine ranking is more important than Page rank.After 3 months Google update its PR and you can check through seo tools.

Its update in Sep

Search rank is more importanat then Site rank, so i think more focus on search rank :)

kkz its the end of September and still its not quite looking that Google would update it. Although there are predictions and rumors everywhere grabbing the intentions of the seo marketers those are waiting for it and it seems the waiting period is getting to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back