Disapeared from Google for 1 Keyword

Status
Not open for further replies.

olli460

Hey,

My site has just randomly disappeared from just 1 keyword, The highest ranking one. I was getting about 12-15k visits daily and ive dropped to 7k now.

I'm usually rank #1 - rank #5 for the last 3-4 months and ive seen it drop to the bottom of page 1 every now and then but never completely gone.

I've still got lots of pages indexed.

Any ideas what might of happened why ive been removed for just this 1 keyword?

9 comments
Something similar happened to me. I don't know what is the reason, i didn't spam with backlinks (i have some really quality backlinks), site is not banned on google. I lost around 80% of my traffic from google.

Did you ever manage to get it back? I don't ever touch anything on my site really, i just do an update a couple times a week, I dont go out putting links about.

Theres nothing in Google Webmasters about it, Wouldn't mind if they said i was banned or something but its annoying not knowing why ive just disappeared.

Still not, because it happened few days ago.. I don't know what to do. Also as you said, my pages are indexed daily (200k+ indexed pages total).

I hope you kept building quality backlinks for that certain keyword because if you dont then your competitors will take over. SEO is not a one time thing, you have to keep going at it in order to stay on top.

ive never done any SEO, just the odd link exchange with people. I wouldn't mind if i just went to page 2-3 but i can't understand why ive just completely been removed, Is there any way to talk to google about it?

if you want to stay on your rank i think it's better to made new backlinks with some site silliar to your site but olds and daily unique content upadates.

Have same problem.. I was first for 3 kw, do seo only with legal site and don't have lot backlinks, now i'm not in top 100.. It was few days ago.

Ive just noticed ive came back in but at page 4, so least im not banned 1 good thing i guess. Have to work to get it back where i want it now.

They must of updated their algorithm then if it happening to other people. Very annoying.

Ive just noticed ive came back in but at page 4, so least im not banned 1 good thing i guess. Have to work to get it back where i want it now.

They must of updated their algorithm then if it happening to other people. Very annoying.

I noticed you said you have only done link exchanges, well there goes your problem. Google hates link exchanging because they see it as a way to manipulate pagerank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back