Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepetersen

Can i open 2 gmail accounts in the same browser. Because i am always online with my official mail but whenever i want to open my personal mail i have to close the office mail to open the secondary mail. There is some problems arises when i am offline(N.B - In my office no gtalk is allowed). So please tell me if any one knows the solution.

11 comments
You can open one in regular mode & other in Incognito/Private Browsing/InPrivate Browsing mode for Chrome, Firefox & IE9 Respectively!

You can do it with two separate browsers. I don't think it is possible from a single browser because the cookie will be same. So, even if you try to open it will show the account which you have already logged in.

Hello there,
when you login to your GMail account your session is created with your username,when you use the same browser to access your personal account it wont really works as your session is already active.

Solution:
access your professional account from Chrome/or your fav browser.
access your personal account from firefox/ or browser which you did not use to aces ur pro account.

Like Bharat said, you can add an account, and open both gmails without problem, from same browser. No need for proxies, anonymous browsing, or anyacrobatics, it's natively supported.

You can even create multiple profile in Firefox

close all instance of firefox

from run menu start as : firefox -P

that will prompt a profile management box, create one extra profile, and to start mozilla under that profile name, create a duplicate shortcut of the existing mozilla shortcut and append "-P profile_name_created --no-remote"

Of course, you can! You can even open 3 of them! (As far as we are still talking about gmail, of course). In the upper right corner of the window there is an icon of your gmail profile. Click on the menu and you will see an "Add profile" button. Hit it and enter your mail and password. Now you can stay logged in two accounts. It still doesn't support Google Drive for every opened account - only for the first account through which you logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back