X4B.ORG - Reverse Proxy Hosting - Hide your Server IP (Russia, Sweden, USA, Romania)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the plans should include more than enough bandwidth. Do they not.

Just a heads up for wjers se1 is currently down (waiting on upstream provider)

So is it possible and how would it be done? Hide my host with the proxy and not have the downloads/streaming videos use the proxy.

Nope not enough bandwidth if the downloads and streaming used the proxy too as all the bandwidth would be used up in a few days.

You can setup subdomains and send bulk traffic through there and serve HTML through the proxy. Depends on your exact needs and budget.

I am not sure what your question (or statement) is?

Our main site is hosted in Germany. We have no relation with Ecatel (at the moment).

With your service am I able to hide where my website is hosted at? Like they won't be able to find out what hosting company I am using to host my website. At the same time not have any downloads/streaming videos go threw your service as that would just use up all the bandwidth in a few days.
Pretty much I'm trying to make it harder for companies to shutdown my website.

I want to host my website in the USA but at the same time I don't want anyone to know that. Anyone host I use in the USA will get a DMCA compliant which what I'm trying to avoid by using your service. If they can't find where my website is hosted at, they won't be able to send me DMCA complaints.

With your service am I able to hide where my website is hosted at? Like they won't be able to find out what hosting company I am using to host my website.
yes
At the same time not have any downloads/streaming videos go threw your service as that would just use up all the bandwidth in a few days.
no.
if you don't use the proxy for your Download, they will get the ip from the Download.
So nothing gained.
Pretty much I'm trying to make it harder for companies to shutdown my website.
well. if they really want to shut you down, they will.
X4B will forward Requests to you, so you can handle them.
I want to host my website in the USA but at the same time I don't want anyone to know that. Anyone host I use in the USA will get a DMCA compliant which what I'm trying to avoid by using your service. If they can't find where my website is hosted at, they won't be able to send me DMCA complaints.
well no.
they will send them to your proxy-hosting-service. And they decide what to do with it.
Some providers will ignore them, since they are not USA. some will forward them, some will shut you down asap.

You can try sending false headers, so that the won't get the real server.
But if they really want to shut you down, they'll just activate a sniffer et voila your real IP.

routing downloads not to the proxy is possible, but it's a security leak.

We have moved domains, we are now X4B.NET. Same service, same support, same everything just a new TLD. Our twitter account will remain as X4BORG and certain subdomains will be migrated over the fortnight to x4b.net (expect redirects).

--
To all those affected by the RU1 outage, ensure your domains are pointed at the CNAME alias you are provided with on signup (or from Service > Info). This alias received automatic temporary IPs during the rare outages. Hopefully Hostkey will actually respond soon and resolve the issue (DDoS).

All resolved.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a server is about 50 ms away from the proxy server then it would take about 100+ ms for a response. So if a person connects to the proxy for about 300 ms then you'd have to add 100 ms to it so the total time would be 400 ms. Is that correct for uncached pages?

Also can you tell me do you have unlimited size of cache for static pics and pages?

Also is there a way for a specific user to clean the cache stored on the proxy server?

Correct a server latency of 60ms will add around 120ms to the loading time. In actual effect it is usually a little less (since ICMP has a low priority while TCP a high).

Cache size is fair use, if we find someone using an excessive amount it is a violation of our TOS. I would recommend keeping your usage under 1gb. Cache should be treated as a shared resource, as it is shared between all customers.

Full cache management is available through the interface.

did you not support any more sweden reverse proxy?

EpbVJ.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure your declaring uptime is true...Small issues (time outs) every day and now site is offline via proxy, I don't know this is coincident or what but i can't recommend using this services (now in situation like this) for serious services, because this is just frivolous. You must report and apologize for that kind of issues, that how serious companies behave.

Of course i will create ticket but I'm not sure this will change something.

And don't tell me that our main server is miss-configured it's up-time more then 2 years now and we din't have issues with connection except very rare situations in DC.

Just now read some posts in this thread and realized that you don't have any SLA or anything else, all services is managed mainly by 1 person :/ Maybe its ok for kids to play but if you need stable host...sorry

http://www.x4b.net/server-status
Russia HostKey 1 -> status(OK), uptime(99.48%)

image.jpg

Well i guest all i can do is hope in this situation where i'm now (can't point domain to another server)

Nothing changing here in WJ since 2009...

Last edited:
i'm confused

in the first post, u put datacenters without the swedish one, but in the picture of plans , there's a sweden plan !

I'm not sure your declaring uptime is true...Small issues (time outs) every day and now site is offline via proxy, I don't know this is coincident or what but i can't recommend using this services (now in situation like this) for serious services, because this is just frivolous. You must report and apologize for that kind of issues, that how serious companies behave.

And don't tell me that our main server is miss-configured it's up-time more then 2 years now and we din't have issues with connection except very rare situations in DC.

Just now read some posts in this thread and realized that you don't have any SLA or anything else, all services is managed mainly by 1 person :/ Maybe its ok for kids to play but if you need stable host...sorry

Server Status :: X4B

image.jpg

Well i guest all i can do is hope in this situation where i'm now (can't point domain to another server)

Small issues are due to DDoS's people keep getting attacked and we keep nulling IPs. Its become a fact of life in Russia that this happens every few days. Usually takes less than 2m to get a null processed. Occasionally HostKey makes mistakes and causes larger downtimes however, nothing to do with us. If you need this location you have to put up with it.

We are a larger and more "serious" company than most hosts on WJ, we are properly registered business with paid employees and over 13 locations. Your claims are false, sorry. We will not ever provide SLAs as in most locations we are not provided them ourselves. If you need refugee style (DMCA lenient) hosting then you have to deal with it unfortunately.

Last edited:
i'm confused

in the first post, u put datacenters without the swedish one, but in the picture of plans , there's a sweden plan !

We haven't offered a Swedish plan in years. But neither have our prices changed so that image has never been updated. I will add it to my list to update.

Server Status :: X4B

image.jpg

Does he used the reversed proxy or the ddos protection ?

Is it possible to enable ssl on the main domain so the login can be protected against hacks ? (https://x4b.net)

Do you have some proofs that you network solution can hold a 10 Gbps attack or that eg. the chicago server is 100% uptime ?

I think these ddos protections are "shared" . It is possible to get a "slightly unshared" . I will pay more if its possible !

Thank You ! (Sorry I am new in these ddos mitigation services ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back