My website was doing fine until a few days ago. Here are the stats:

June 11: 1140 visits
June 12: 1236
June 13: 1393
June 14: 1373
June 15: 463
June 16: 323
June 17: 269

I checked and my Google links are still going up (430,000 hits). So if I appear in Google searches, why the sudden drop on visits? 85% of my visits are organic and went from 1172 in June 14 to 392 in June 15. A dramatic drop in just one day! Nothing was changed on the website.

Mike

20 comments
it is not important how many hits you have on google,its important for what key words you are first

site link ?

meh! i got the site link from you in PM. your site says its Under Construction!

how do you expect traffic to be the same!! start the site again and i guess traffic will return to normal after few days...

Was there a major source of that organic traffic? For instance, an "event" that occurred and your site happened to be high on the rankings for results. I've seen this happen a few times, even on here. We got a decent amount of traffic from a simple thread someone created about Sony (it didn't even contain news!) and once all the crap about the hackings died off, so did the source.

Another example was when a game was released with a major bug. A fix was posted, we got a lot of traffic. Then a patch was released, so the traffic died off. Pretty logical...

i got 2 websites and they are falling down to! same dates like yours...
maybe is a problem with the stat counter because my advertising revenew is the same!

Was there a major source of that organic traffic? For instance, an "event" that occurred and your site happened to be high .

No major source for more organic traffic. Site went from 478 on May 1 to 1,373 on June 14 and then a drop to 463 on june 15 to 260 on June 18.

No changes made on website and same google hits (site:yourdomain.com).

Keyword seems to be the major concern here. Try and rank well for keywords that bring traffic to your site instead of just wanting to ranking high. Try and rank high for keywords that bring a large amount of traffic. You should see a rise in the traffic again. Also check if your indexed pages are there or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back