Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitey

Hey

I would like to get back into uploading for points, selling RS accounts etc... but I can't find a good VPS host.

I ordered a VPS from VPSLand.com twise, both times my payment got refused and I got refunded, they wont even tell me why. I know they're not offshore but ive been on a VPS from them that was used by some members at WBB for a while and they had it for months.

So now I need a good company to get one off, bandwidth only needs to be ~100GB a month (will be doing small things like appz) and the specification doesnt matter much, port needs to be as fast as possible in a good price range.

Please reccomend, thanks :)

14 comments
It depends on the company really, and what the chances are of being caught uploading warez.

But preferably onshore, seen as it's cheaper.

I used to do this, get the torrents on my VPS, use RS' remote upload and grab the points.

The only bad thing about this is, if you plan to download, uploading, unrar, rar.. every single one of those tasks a lot of CPU power. Usually VPSes are assigned hardly any power. Doing any of this will crash your VPS in no time.

I'd recommend getting a very low-end dedicated server, just so you can take advantage of the entire CPU for yourself. If you are just using a server just for the sole purpose of uploading to RS or any other file host, get your server anywhere. (US, w/e :P)

A site on the same server? That's a bit risky, I'd use an offshore host to be safe

I used to do this, get the torrents on my VPS, use RS' remote upload and grab the points.

The only bad thing about this is, if you plan to download, uploading, unrar, rar.. every single one of those tasks a lot of CPU power. Usually VPSes are assigned hardly any power. Doing any of this will crash your VPS in no time.

I'd recommend getting a very low-end dedicated server, just so you can take advantage of the entire CPU for yourself. If you are just using a server just for the sole purpose of uploading to RS or any other file host, get your server anywhere. (US, w/e :P)

A site on the same server? That's a bit risky, I'd use an offshore host to be safe
A low end dedicated does look promicing. And I bet the speeds would be better too :P

You might able to look up our host with Offshore -

Code:
[URL="http://www.largeserver.net/"]www.LargeServer.net[/URL]

The price might expensive but this will be a reliable & stable :)

Believe it or not then you must have a try 1st :)

Regards,
LargeServer.net
Hey viva :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back