What kind of machine would I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Occult

If I am planning on mining coins and want to rent a server to do it, what kind of machine/cluster would I need to achieve about 1TH/s?

Last edited:
7 comments
Did you figure out anything?

6x RX 580's, a 1200W power supply, z170 motherboard, intel celeron, pcie risers, custom free form case, 4gb ram stick. This setup should be enough to get you started real good. Only problem is, GPUs are sold out and are being sold at 2.5x the price.

you lives in US and want to start mining? good luck with that. did you check the electricity cost? if your mining reward less than electricity cost you lose money :P

btw if you not started yet, wait for 1~2 months AMD will release VEGA gpu.....but if you want to mine ETH... won't matter for PoS networks (nov 2017 or may be next year early POS will add)

you lives in US and want to start mining? good luck with that. did you check the electricity cost? if your mining reward less than electricity cost you lose money :P

btw if you not started yet, wait for 1~2 months AMD will release VEGA gpu.....but if you want to mine ETH... won't matter for PoS networks (nov 2017 or may be next year early POS will add)

It's only 0.12 or something per Kw or something. Also, I dont have to pay for electricity out of pocket, so it doesnt matter what it takes. I am waiting to buy the antminers and see how they go.

if electricity cost 0 your return of your investment will be within 150~180days. instead of wait, better start asap. gtx1060/1070 also good for mining if rx 580/480 not available. check this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA_sH4q2toU

even if ETH mining die (POS implement) you can switch to mine other alt-coin. also if you see no profit coming at all..... after 1~2 year you can sell gpu half price in ebay, gamers will buy :P. start with 1~2 gpu see how it goes, then start increase gpu.

if i am not wrong all antminers comes from China and if you get damaged antminer or it's dead within couple of month you cannot get any replacement from company. other side gpu has 3 year warranty.

i am waiting how ETH POS works then i will start mining too..may be next year. make one 6 card rig=>make profit=>make another rig using the profit=>then keep goes. "make money by doing nothing" should be every human dream job :p

there is another coin available "burstcoin" it use HDD for mining instead of gpu. your electricity cost will be almost zero compare to gpu. you can look into burstcoin option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back