What is the best way to integrate payment to a E-Commerce site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 comments
Stripe I would say is better then PayPal, their policies are friendlier then PayPal and they got premade modules made for most popular CMS.

Their fees are very low and Payouts are every 3 days, they accept all major credit and debit cards, as well as direct debit , google and apple pay.

I've used both, and they're about equally pleasant to develop with.

If you're just looking to sell one thing, you can use Stripe Checkout. You basically drop a bit of JS on your website and they handle the rest, no need to even have any server side code.

I've implemented ecommerce stores from scratch before. Honestly, it's a waste of time to do it yourself. I only did it because I was being paid to, I told them that it was a waste of time, and then $5000 of developer time later (plus missed dev time on other features) we had a minimal working ecommerce store, when I could've just set up Magento or used an eCommerce gem for Rails. But hey, as long as I keep getting paid, I'll keep implementing poorly thought out concepts.

Upon saying that, it's not hard. It's not like you have to implement fancy algorithms or anything. It's just annoying. You're dealing with real money so you have to test everything extra well and be practice defensive coding. Bit shit to accidentally bill a customer 100x because you forgot to convert cents into dollars or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back