Status
Not open for further replies.

carl2k2

Well, I noticed in the market place that, you cant tell if any member has sold anything, so perhaps you should have like an itrader plugin, which lets people see if people are good sellers, also allow people to provide reviews and that,
badges could be like Trusted Seller/Pro Seller/Business man/Scammer(for som1 who either is reported and proved or gets like 5+ negatives in a row or something.

Also there are a lot of people who have great skills, like PHP programmers / GFX designer / CGI or so on, so perhaps a badge could be provided so u can see about there skills,

then you have something where people rate on there programming skills, seperating the noobs with the pros :D

Just a though,

(i trader example

Code:
http://www.vctechnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/digitalpoint-pm-rudereply.jpg
itrader-4.jpg

11 comments
Sorry for digging out an old thread, but seriously, its a good idea. And its been months, its not being implemented yet? Or is the el_j's surprise of his coming soon thread, gonna be this one? :P If it is then el_j FTW!! XD

We have been discussing the iTrader modification, just because it's taking a while for the final decision doesn't mean we ignored it.

Here is the problem with iTrader, we want the seller/buyer feedback to be genuine, because this can be abused a lot. As we all know there are forums out there dedicated to sell and distribute carded, phished and/or stolen products. What if a group of those people registered here and all vouched for each other?

Example:
A new member wants to buy a domain. He checks the seller's profile for iTrader comments and feedback and finds it all positive, then the member decides to go with the deal and buy the domain, but later (X days, X months...) the domain gets snatched from him by the domain registrar because when they checked the records they found the domain was originally bought with a stolen credit card. (Happened to a friend of mine)

If we implement such feature, that means in a way we (WJunction) are held liable, because members are supposed to count on the features we provide, so you can see the dilemma here. Nevertheless we are considering to add that modification in near/far future.

Currently we are letting users use their judgment when buying/selling instead of counting on stats that can be easily abused or faked. We also moderate and control any outbursts easily and provided many information and advice on how to avoid scammers.

A scammer is easier to spot now, but with iTrader some scammers will get away with it, just for the fact they were able to fake their stats.

I am not rejecting your suggestions, as I said we're seriously considering iTrader, but the priorities here are users and WJunction, if there is the slightest chance any or both will be harmed, then the implementation will definitely be delayed...

Don't think the position has changed.

Hey nah i doubt this thing should not be implemented here, this is because there will be alot of favourism, like people telling their friends to add the + and stuff. Then other people who hate others will give a negative feedback even if the person has not done any transaction. Unless we can add it but the moderators need to approve it, also there needs to be a proof of transactions or the service rendered issues..

Hey nah i doubt this thing should not be implemented here, this is because there will be alot of favourism, like people telling their friends to add the + and stuff. Then other people who hate others will give a negative feedback even if the person has not done any transaction. Unless we can add it but the moderators need to approve it, also there needs to be a proof of transactions or the service rendered issues..

Whenever u are giving any iTrader to any1,it asks the deal thread. :)

I think iTrader system can be beneficial, if it can be closely monitor. But if it can't be done, it's better off just leave it the way it is now.

nah Buddy this cant be Done. People have to give the DEAL Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back