Streaming server setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadyweb

Hello

I'm about to launch a streaming website and I would like to know the most important things about streaming server setup (recommended software/config etc...)
Please note that I have some experience with web server, but I have no idea about streaming

Thanks!

14 comments
Yes but streaming server have special configuration, I would like to know what are the recommended software/protocols to use (like lighttpd or nginx etc...)
Also I was unable to understand why FLV load instantly while MP4 need some time to load

i'm using nginx, since i'm more familiar with it.

try looking at your traffic and your hoster.
Leaseweb don't allow streaming on their systems. Some reseller do allow this. Ask them before you buy.
if it's only one server, you don't need any special software or tweeks.

as for software ... there a way to much out there ^^'

for your mp4-question: take a look at your other thraed

not really.
nginx supports pseudo-streaming really nice and you can limit the speed for each ip (lighty can probably do the same - but i don't know this :D )

you only need HLS if you want to live-stream.
if you want to do pseudo-live-streaming or what this feels like: video-on-demand you don't need all this special functions.
with the modern (free) html5-players it's even easier to setup a streaming site :)

Need Some Modules to install in server or USE WordPress for No coding run smoothly
You can check my Live Stemming site _ EzPinoy [ Dot ] tv

Need Some Modules to install in server or USE WordPress for No coding run smoothly
You can check my Live Stemming site _ EzPinoy [ Dot ] tv

What modules should i have to install in Linux server?? And i know its old post but its relevant to my question so i post it there and also request other web masters to please explain in detail how can we config streaming server thank you.

hello, i am interested for setup i have xvideosharing script problem i use evoluseo server actually and not work properly and all my competitor host video without problem pm me if you have experience for hosting video and 1 -2 k user online in same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back