Single website on a dedicated server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShockSRV

• So I have just started experimenting with a single website hosted on a dedicated server with nginx + php-fpm + percona mysql server.
    In other words, the best combo for the fastest performance.

However sometimes I feel that I cannot load a page from the website on another tab unless the one that is being loaded at the moment in 1 tab has finished loading. It feels really sluggish sometimes and makes me repent my decision of spending so much to host a website on a full dedi.

Please let me know if this is normal, or what if there's something I can do to fix this/improve this.

Last edited by a moderator:
10 comments
What are your server specifications? Ram,cpu etc
Which script and database engine are you using?
How large is your database? custom script or other? properly indexed?
How many visitors online?
Have u checked the server load?
http flood? ddos?
Have you tried to diagnose anything?
and so many other questions......Include every details of your topic. "feelings" and "opening site in multiple tabs" does not imply as trying to fix or find the issue. Helps us to help you.

So I have just started experimenting with a single website hosted on a dedicated server with nginx + php-fpm + percona mysql server.

However sometimes I feel that I cannot load a page from the website on another tab unless the one that is being loaded at the moment in 1 tab has finished loading. It feels really sluggish sometimes and makes me repent my decision of spending so much to host a website on a full dedi.

Please let me know if this is normal, or what if there's something I can do to fix this/improve this.

It's definitely not normal for a dedi to lack unless the site type is a mass downloading or upload script. Or anything using high resources. If yo're looking for a fast server setup try CentMin (for CentOS)

What are your server specifications? Ram,cpu etc
Which script and database engine are you using?
How large is your database? custom script or other? properly indexed?
How many visitors online?
Have u checked the server load?
http flood? ddos?
Have you tried to diagnose anything?
and so many other questions......Include every details of your topic. "feelings" and "opening site in multiple tabs" does not imply as trying to fix or find the issue. Helps us to help you.
It's running Centos
4GB RAM
Intel Dual Core
100Mbps Port (no http flood)
around 400-500 visitors online
Not a big database at all, just an average MyBB Forum database

use top command to check running tasks on your server when it start to load slow again, and monitor your cpu, ram etc usage. post here a screenshot of top.

Last edited:
Were you on a vps or on a shared hosting company previously?

Have you added caches for php/mysql such as memcached,memcache,xcache etc...

Have you tested disk speed without load?

So I have just started experimenting with a single website hosted on a dedicated server with nginx + php-fpm + percona mysql server.

Try to setup a memcache or APC with your setup. Optimize Nginx + PHP-FPM for low memory foot prints by raising up your child. Also try to run mysqltuner so that you can optimize your sql a bit.

I hope this may help you getting good performance from your system.

Try to check the query on the queue when you have encounter slow speed on your site. Maybe there are some queries that lock a table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back