Status
Not open for further replies.

Cisco_Kid

Banned
Banned
Seems the company advertising thread was closed for sandbagging it..... feel free to voice your opinion here for now.

If you have any extra information that will help other people that are also experiencing problems with the service from ServeDome please post it here for everyone.

Does anyone know if this internal security breach business that is floating around will have any effect on a persons credit card if it was used for payment?

238 comments
My friends NL server (where I host some sites) is down :(
My DE windows server is online trough.

Does anyone know if this internal security breach business that is floating around will have any effect on a persons credit card if it was used for payment?

ServeDomes WHMCS was not affected it seems. So shouldn't have any effect on people's credit card.

Think about it positively, at least the credit cards are safe (according to NewEraCracker)

I can help anyone who lost their VPS get a new one asap..PM me if u need anything!

I just canceled that card right now just in case ;-)

Thankfully I had my site backing up on a 12 hour incremental interval to a remote FTP... now I need to look for another provider to hook me back up.

I hope this all comes out okay and these rumours are BS and everyone will get their site info from backups.

Give it a little time to wait and see what happens eh.

It might be that they are doing some maintenance on all of their Nodes regardless of the location. I am not in any way related to ServeDome nor have servers with them but just think positively. We might want also hear ServeDomes' side.

They had over 24 hours to give us their side, they couldn't spare us the 30 seconds to do so. I highly doubt things will turn for the better.

Salvage whatever backup you can, and make sure you have files to put on a new webhost instead. I'm done with these clowns, I had 3 VPSs with them.

I honestly think something really suspicious happened, My US VPS suddenly got a "halt" signal. After that I read on wJ what almost everyone's VPS is down (with the same symptoms) regardless of the location.

Symptoms:
VPS Down
SolusVM down (usually 404-Error)
After while VPS node down too

EDIT: To the mods, please don't close this thread. We need some place to share information regarding this outage!

You know it is a serious issue if the owner lurks around on the boards and can't take a minute to say "Hey, we had a X problem, it will take an estimated X hours to fix."

File a chargeback while you can.

yeah, they might have super serious problems.. Damn, I have wordpress blog with 10,000+ posts.. and got no backups for all the wp files. :'( :(

but hey, if I have the sql database backup, will it work with fresh installed wordpress? Anyone knows? I tried this but only see blank white page when I open the blog.

Hopefully everyone manages to get their backups and files from the servers, always a shame when companies go down in this fashion. Judging by the 70+ thread in the ad section, they must have been quite large, shame so many customers have been left in the dark like this! I'm sure they'll all find new hosts soon!

Is this issue only effecting clients using SolusVM? If so, then there's a funny coincidence here since Virpus had 19 nodes attacked / messed with over the past couple of days and all of the client data on them was destroyed (they were running SolusVM too)

Spooky! Makes me glad we're not running SolusVM just now!

How about some photoshop with this...

screenshot20110122at100.jpg

It was not an issue with Solusvm

Rather the main console / server for SolusVM.

No shared/reseller clients are effected at all.
Anywhom, Im sure an announcement will be made shortly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back