[Request Quote] Encoding Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

8cores

Hi, I'm looking for a programmer to make an arrangement for x264 480p - 720p video encoding automation.

Rest all details I'll tell to the programmer, what and How I want.

I'm looking for a price/quote to see how much it costs and stuff.

PM me, if you can or have already done something like this in past!

P.S - I just need the code/script, all Hardware and software used will be mine!

16 comments
I transcode ~10,000 videos per day using the x264 codecs on Ubuntu Linux systems using mediainfo and ffmpeg.

mediainfo is used to get the bitrates, frames per second, display aspect ratio, height and width of the video (although you can do this with ffprobe as well I believe).

Then I pass the variables I collect from mediainfo over to ffmpeg to transcode.

If you have an Ivy Bridge or Haswell CPU (intel core i7) then you will want to parallelize ffmpeg to really get the most out of it, but don't go beyond 8 parallel processes because then your not going to get peak efficiency out of it.

Remember x264 is all about the CPU, I've got three i7-4770k systems at my home. One has 6x SSD in RAID0 with quad sli GTX 780Ti, and the other two have no special video cards and no SSDs. There is absolutely no difference in the amount of time it takes to transcode between the three systems...

Contact ServerPolice he was making me a Custom Setup

Getting files from Torrents using RSS Feed (iptorrents)
unzip/rar and dumping it into folder..

That folder is checked every so often, if file exists its transferred to encoder which encodes/renames and adds to fileserver.

That folder is checked every so often, if file exists its transferred to encoder which encodes/renames and adds to fileserver.

I use something similar called WBot which works very well, but doesn't have the transcoding portion that the solution you describe seems to provide which is pretty sweet.

PRICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back